Inline Reels

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Inline Reels

Post by Big Bass 444 »

So.....as most of you know inline fishing reels are picking up fast among serious panfish and crappie anglers when it comes to ice fishing. Had this up to a super sensitive high quality rod and you have yourself a killer combo that will get you on fish. One of the major factor that makes inline fishing reels so great is the fact that it will prevent line twist thus making your lure spin. When crappies and panfish are more finicky in cold periods of Winter this can make a big difference on how successful you might get on ice on such days.

Now without naming any companies here...I have some issues ...wtf is going on with all the high end models that are available only left handed in local stores??????...the free spool ones I am talking about here...the best ones..the ones I want! Unlike the lower end models that you can take apart and turn the bearing around it seems the models I like...like the Concept..or the 13 fishing....well those ones seems to be set for left handed anglers for what I can see??..Am I right here or is it just me?

Anybody have some input????.. I don't get it...Maybe it's just me or something..can those free spool ones that comes left handed be switched to right handed??..fly fishing reels unspool themselves from the lower end as far as I know....not the upper end. So It is a must that your combo should be set up the same way!
Daboss
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Inline Reels

Post by Daboss »

Just flip your rod over, presto, the handle is now on the other side! :lol:
Damn right I'm good in the sack...I can sleep for hours!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Inline Reels

Post by RJ »

Maybe the "rights" are all sold out? I doubt they can be switched out like the other models can.

RJ