Season 2015 in Review

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
PMac
Participant
Participant

Season 2015 in Review

Post by PMac »

This has been a better year for me personally from 2014 for two reasons.
1) 2014 I was in an acting position and didn't get to take all my holidays owed to me. This year I was off a minimum one day a week from the end of June to the end of October.
2) Andrew and I made the Classic this year.
The only thing I have to complain about this year is Tia continuously turned down my invitations to fish in my boat :(
Anyways, here we go;
May 1st was my first outing with a trip to Lake Champlain in New York with a trip I organized to take a bunch of fishing nuts to experience what I have had the pleasure of doing for many years. It was good to see my long lost partner Dave Morin again. Champlain has a catch & release season straight from ice out and it is the only place I fish until Bass opens. I was insanely excited as you can see my this picture of a very crowded rod locker.

The company was awesome, except for Tia :), and the scenery was breath taking

I did a few trips to both ends of Champlain in May and here are a couple of photos of some nice fish

Next cam practice for our first Qualifier on Lake St. Francis. We did not do well on this one because we didn't clue in to the fact that the Smallies were still spawning. We did get to know the lake a little better though

Next came our event at Big Rideau. Practice produced some biggins and we would need them to move up in the standings as shown here by the giant caught by my buddy Trevor Cheney

Next came a mini road trip with my wife to Nova Scotia, highly recommend it if you have not been

Next event was Mississippi Lake and Andrew and I were still playing catch up in the standings. I have an even better understanding of this lake now.

The final event to qualify for Renegade was on my least favorite body of water in the world (yes I am dramatic!) the Ottawa River. We were just sitting out of qualifying and we knew we would have to come in with a decent bag and have about six other teams falter if we would even stand a chance. I was so desperate that I made a long run one practice to fish brand new water in hopes of having my fishing partner back again next year :)

Happy to say, on the second year of Andrew and I fishing as a team we pulled it off and made the Renegade Classic. This was a goal both of us wanted to achieve. The Classic was on the St. Lawrence River and I just wanted to do well. The weather ended up brutal, high winds and a nasty cold front but everyone was in the same boat (Get it?) We did find a productive area in practice but we couldn't find the giants come the two day event. One's like this

All in all, I was pretty happy with our year and Andrew agreed to fish with me next year so......
Now comes my favorite time of the year, fall. And what a fall it was. I spend so much time fishing for Renegade that once it's over, it's all about fun fishing for giants!! I also use this opportunity to try and take people out on the boat and get them into some big fish. I have to say the weather was incredible to say the least which also made for some stunning photos. Here are a few good ones caught between the end of September and the beginning of December.

You'll also notice there are no pictures of Tia.....because she refused to get in my boat........ three times
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Season 2015 in Review

Post by lape0019 »

Nice report Pete.

Wish I could help you out more with why Tia won't get In your boat. Maybe it's the wrong colour?

:D
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

Must have felt great getting into the Classic!!! Some great fish in this report Pete! Hope to tag a few with you next year!! And if this is your revenge on Tia, I have to admit.. I expected better! :lol: :lol: :lol:
PMac
Participant
Participant

Post by PMac »

Ian, I am not even close to getting back at Tia. I see this more as a winter long mission. :mrgreen:
zeke13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by zeke13 »

Great report buddy ... it certainly was a good year!!

As for the Tia thing ... well .. she fished with me this fall :shock: so I don't know what to tell you .. breath mint maybe, stop dressing like a princess .. I could go on?
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Awesome report Pete,
that Champlain Trip was awesome.
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
PMac
Participant
Participant

Post by PMac »

Your words....sniff,sniff, cut me like a knife. How could one woman be so cruel :cry:
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Great report Pete. I'll have to get Tia's side of the story this Friday though. There might be something to this breath mint thing. lol
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Breath Mint.. :lol: :lol:

Great recap Pedro!

RJ
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

PMac wrote:Your words....sniff,sniff, cut me like a knife. How could one woman be so cruel :cry:
Great report Pete ... Try singing for Tia.

BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Great stuff Pete! So happy when you and Andrew made the classic! ;)

Now who the hell is this Tia everyone speaks of?
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

After reading this, I really do need to get off my azz and spend some spring days on Champlain or Oneida.....
If you're gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Crushed this report with those pics, even with those old fellers Ed & Brian making cameos. :P

The Champlain gig is interesting. Great fishing to be had. Solid season.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Solid season there Pete.
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by plowjock »

Good to see you out so many times this year.
Your boat went away too soon.
Beware, your fishing partner will kick butt next spring.
He's been out with me lately and loading the boat.
This Tia problem,wrong colour of boat, not sure about the motor, small truck.
Don't worry the fish still slime ya.