Shore Fishing Walleye on the St. Lawrence?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
ThePredaZor
Participant
Participant

Shore Fishing Walleye on the St. Lawrence?

Post by ThePredaZor »

Soo, I'm not here to steal anyone's honey hole, or to ask for all your spots, but I was just wondering any areas in prescott area that are decent for walleye from the shore, also what type of bait would work best? I've only ever jigged for walleye a few times, so shore fishing is new to me. Thanks in advance everyone
steve_rauch
Participant
Participant

Re: Shore Fishing Walleye on the St. Lawrence?

Post by steve_rauch »

you may want to make the 10 minute drive down to cardinal... drive behind the legion and follow the little road to the end.. you can fish all kinds of places from shore there or go down the galop canal road and you will find more places there too
you will have much better luck there
steve
Netman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Netman »

If you can handle the walk (a bit treacherous) try down at the harbour. Go out along the rocks all the way to the lighthouse. Jig and minnow would work as well as deep divers. Keep at it. Just because they're not there today doesn't mean they won't be there tonight or tomorrow.
Cardinal and Brockville have some good spots too.

Good luck
ThePredaZor
Participant
Participant

Post by ThePredaZor »

steve_rauch wrote:you may want to make the 10 minute drive down to cardinal... drive behind the legion and follow the little road to the end.. you can fish all kinds of places from shore there or go down the galop canal road and you will find more places there too
you will have much better luck there
steve
Thanks!
ThePredaZor
Participant
Participant

Post by ThePredaZor »

Netman wrote:If you can handle the walk (a bit treacherous) try down at the harbour. Go out along the rocks all the way to the lighthouse. Jig and minnow would work as well as deep divers. Keep at it. Just because they're not there today doesn't mean they won't be there tonight or tomorrow.
Cardinal and Brockville have some good spots too.

Good luck
I've actually fished there a few times, but from right off the trail,