Paying it forward - jumbo perch

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
jshow89
Participant
Participant

Paying it forward - jumbo perch

Post by jshow89 »

Hey guys, you have been helpful to me in the past when looking for fishing advice and locations, just thought id forward it on that the jumbo perch are biting well up at Landons bay along the parkway, there are a few spots you can park and fish from shore, or go out in your boat and you might do a bit better. Some real nice fish up in that area.

if anyone knows Charleston lake well, I am planning on trying to do some lake trout fishing out there this summer, recently came into a downrigger set up so I am itching to try, I used to go with my grandfather when I was a kid but that was many years ago, and from what I remember we had lead lines and drove all over the darn lake and caught very little fish and spent more time listening to his fishing stories, which wasn't that bad either. anyways its a big lake and direction would be greatly appreciated
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Paying it forward - jumbo perch

Post by smitty55 »

So far as Charleston goes, specially in Big Water, just follow the boats. Lots of times guys will be willing to give you the depth that they're hitting at.

But I'm feeling generous today, so see if this helps you. But shhhh, don't tell anyone. :wink:

Smitty

Straight shooter
jshow89
Participant
Participant

Post by jshow89 »

smitty55 wrote:So far as Charleston goes, specially in Big Water, just follow the boats. Lots of times guys will be willing to give you the depth that they're hitting at.

But I'm feeling generous today, so see if this helps you. But shhhh, don't tell anyone. :wink:

Thanks that's awesome!
cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cgates »

That's what I like to see.... I haven't fished lakers in about 8years and that lake was my go to lake.... Loved going for lakers in the am and bass after 11 or I'd set up a rigger for a a smallies lol at about 30 feet or so 3-4 pounder on a 8-10 foot rigger rod = to much fun