Renegade Bass FREE Mississippi Lake Seminar for Amateurs

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RenegadeBass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Renegade Bass FREE Mississippi Lake Seminar for Amateurs

Post by RenegadeBass »

The third seminar of the 2015 Renegade BASS Master Development Program takes place on Saturday March 28th from 7-9 pm and will cover Mississippi Lake. Even if you missed the first two seminars, eligible anglers are welcome to attend.

The MDP program consists of off season seminars for each series qualifier body of water and an optional mentoring program during the fishing season for series registered anglers that are eligible and choose to participate. Presenters for this seminar include Matt Massey, Scott Bullen and Corey Gaffney.

2015 Renegade Bass series registered competitors that did not compete in the 2014 series or qualify for the 2014 Classic are eligible for the MDP seminars. All AMs that are registered for the 2015 Pro-AM on Mississippi Lake August 9th are also eligible to attend the seminars for FREE. Registrations for both the series and Pro-AM will be accepted at the seminars.

Please RSVP via info@renegadebass.com

Date: Saturday, March 28 at 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Location: Ottawa Citizen Building, 1101 Baxter Rd, Ottawa, ON K2C 3M4, Canada

The seminars start at 7:00 pm with doors open at 6:30 pm.

Future Seminars:
Saturday April 11th - Ottawa River
"Today's Release, Tomorrow's Catch", “Sooner, Farther, Safer"
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Renegade Bass FREE Mississippi Lake Seminar for Amateurs

Post by ShawnD »

RenegadeBass wrote:Image All AMs that are registered for the 2015 Pro-AM on Mississippi Lake August 9th are also eligible to attend the seminars for FREE.

That's excellent! One more reason to participate in the Pro Am
Does this apply to all the seminars?
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Yes it does.
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cgates »

I've always been interested in the pro am but I've been fishing tournaments for 7 years and feel it's not right,am I wrong about this would sure loved to get in on the seminars
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

cgates wrote:I've always been interested in the pro am but I've been fishing tournaments for 7 years and feel it's not right,am I wrong about this would sure loved to get in on the seminars
The funny thing is I was just talking to someone about this exact scenario..
I've heard great things about these seminars, I'm not in a position to fish Renegade this year but I'd love to sit in on these seminars.
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
zeke13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by zeke13 »

ShawnD wrote:
cgates wrote:I've always been interested in the pro am but I've been fishing tournaments for 7 years and feel it's not right,am I wrong about this would sure loved to get in on the seminars
The funny thing is I was just talking to someone about this exact scenario..
I've heard great things about these seminars, I'm not in a position to fish Renegade this year but I'd love to sit in on these seminars.
As someone who started fishing Renegade last year, I have been eligible to attend these seminars and can say without hesitation that these seminars have certainly made me a better fisherman. The presenters are very well prepared, spending numerous hours on the power point presentations .. they come with rigged gear to illustrate exactly what setups they would expect to use, explaining how to break-down water, avoiding traps both physically and mentally, managing expectations and spend a considerable amount of time answering any and all questions related to the body of water and strategies. It's a very respectful environment, no one asks about specific spots but just about everything else is open for discussion.

I believe the "Am" reference in the Pro-Am is usually geared toward those that may be interested in fishing Renegade or getting into tournament fishing, but there are always people who sign up that have fished tournaments before and just wants to spend a day fishing with someone who has a considerable amount of experience, and having just fished the body of water the day before in a tournament, likely offer a more comprehensive approach to fishing that particular body of water.

If you are not able to sign-up for the Renegade series or the Pro-Am. you should consider attending Paddletales Bass Seminar on Apr 18. It's less body-of-water specific, but the list of presenters is stellar and I expect that the seminars will be sensational.
Last edited by zeke13 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

The seminar speakers dedicate their time and knowledge to help us, members/future members, develop and better ourselves to become proficient/adequate anglers on the water. More specifically, they mirror the 2015 waters that we will be fishing.

The seminars are one of many valuable benefits to fishing Renegade, and a glimpse to the comradery/sharing aspect Renegade has to offer.

They're also a very encouraging way to enlighten and alleviate perceptions that tournament fishing is solely for "Pros".
New members/attendees, who would chose to enroll via the Pro-Am, can profit from this.

It wouldn’t be right that the seminars be open sessions (regardless of fee or not) in order for everyone to sponge the overwhelming info and tips, to only apply these said tips to another series for your personal outcomes.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

zeke13 wrote:
If you are not able to sign-up for the Renegade series or the Pro-Am. you should consider attending Paddletales Bass Seminar on Apr 18. It's less body-of-water specific, but the list of presenters are stellar and I expect that the seminars will be sensational.
x2
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
BobbyJordan
Participant
Participant

Post by BobbyJordan »

Pretty sure that the Renegade definition of an amateur is simply that you have never fished a Renegade event as a Pro. The pro-ams are a great experience that I wish I had been a part of on the Am side. Your Pro will gear your day towards your level of expertise. The better angler you are, the more you can focus on learning about tournament strategies, time management, decision making on the water, etc. and less about learning techniques....all of which will help you learn to become a better tournament angler and eventually step up to compete at that level. Worst case you get to rip around in a bass boat for the day. I remember last year after our morning run, my AM turned to me and said "That was worth the price of admission on its own". SO if that is true, than for the cost of a quick ride in a bass boat you will also get free very informative seminars targeted specifically to local waters, a day learning from a well informed pro angler, plus all kinds of free goodies from Renegade, usually worth a couple of hundred bucks!

Not sure how many spots are left, but it will be a good day.
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

Zeke13, Maverick and BobbyJordan pretty much covered everything about the Renegade Seminars.
They did a fine job except they forgot to mention one very very important point.

They forgot to mention that participating will not necessarily guarantee a productive day on the water.
Team 28 participated in 2014 and we all know they had an abysmal qualifier on the Mighty St. Francis. 8)
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

Sounds like a perfect time to register for the pro-am

This is great!
RenegadeBass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by RenegadeBass »

Thanks to all that have provided the comments here and have also shown support for these seminars. We really do enjoy hosting them. Most questions were answered but just in case, I have clarified a few of them below.
Does this apply to all the seminars?
As Ed confirmed, all AMs registered for the Pro-AM can attend all 4 seminars.
I've always been interested in the pro am but I've been fishing tournaments for 7 years and feel it's not right,am I wrong about this
While the Pro-AM event is geared to introducing anglers to tournament fishing, the event is also a showcase for the association. Renegade Bass is very proud of the events we put on and the excellent platform it gives for the anglers and sponsors. Our biggest differentiator is our fish management. We are the only tournament organizer that utilize the Shimano water weigh system and two (2) Live Release Boats. At no time is any fish out of the water for longer than a few seconds. The Pro-AM event give anglers an opportunity to see all this first hand without the commitment of the series.
I believe the "Am" reference in the Pro-Am is usually geared toward those that may be interested in fishing Renegade or getting into tournament fishing, but there are always people who sign up that have fished tournaments before and just wants to spend a day fishing with someone who has a considerable amount of experience, and having just fished the body of water the day before in a tournament, likely offer a more comprehensive approach to fishing that particular body of water.
Even if you have fished tournaments before, there is always more to learn. There are many different ways new knowledge can be attained but one of the most useful ways is to fish with other people. While fishing with a very experience anglers would be gold, every anglers often has something to offer. You'll always learn from someone's else prespective.
They're also a very encouraging way to enlighten and alleviate perceptions that tournament fishing is solely for "Pros".
Exactly right Frank. Tournaments are merely a way we all are able to get out on the water and fish in the spirit of a friendly competition.
Pretty sure that the Renegade definition of an amateur is simply that you have never fished a Renegade event as a Pro.
Bobby, that is our definition.

Cheers,
Michael Vandenberg
"Today's Release, Tomorrow's Catch", “Sooner, Farther, Safer"
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Great !

More folks flipping my dock!

Can't wait!

I learn more about where fish are from the convenience of my backyard!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

You live on the lake now James?

RJ
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »