BIGGEST NEWS IN CANADIAN BASS FISHING HISTORY!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BobbyJordan
Participant
Participant

Re: BIGGEST NEWS IN CANADIAN BASS FISHING HISTORY!

Post by BobbyJordan »

This is great news for Canadian tournament anglers. Between Shootout's link with FLW and Renegade Bass' association with BASS, we now have a platform to compete on the world stage and an opportunity to qualify for some of the most prestigious events in ourt sport! Given the way the FLW works, I am assuming that next year the shootout series will focus on indiviudal events (i.e. Pro and AM format rather than team format). If that is the case, I think that will be mutually beneficial for the two local big tournament organizations while offering anglers different platforms to compete. This should make for an exciting future in Canadian fishing. Congrats to all those involved in growing our sport. Now if only we could skip ahead to June!
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

BobbyJordan wrote:This is great news for Canadian tournament anglers. Between Shootout's link with FLW and Renegade Bass' association with BASS, we now have a platform to compete on the world stage and an opportunity to qualify for some of the most prestigious events in ourt sport! Given the way the FLW works, I am assuming that next year the shootout series will focus on indiviudal events (i.e. Pro and AM format rather than team format). If that is the case, I think that will be mutually beneficial for the two local big tournament organizations while offering anglers different platforms to compete. This should make for an exciting future in Canadian fishing. Congrats to all those involved in growing our sport. Now if only we could skip ahead to June!

Couldn't have said it any better.
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

ShawnD wrote:
BobbyJordan wrote:This is great news for Canadian tournament anglers. Between Shootout's link with FLW and Renegade Bass' association with BASS, we now have a platform to compete on the world stage and an opportunity to qualify for some of the most prestigious events in ourt sport! Given the way the FLW works, I am assuming that next year the shootout series will focus on indiviudal events (i.e. Pro and AM format rather than team format). If that is the case, I think that will be mutually beneficial for the two local big tournament organizations while offering anglers different platforms to compete. This should make for an exciting future in Canadian fishing. Congrats to all those involved in growing our sport. Now if only we could skip ahead to June!

Couldn't have said it any better.
Bobby Jordan is a Class Act.

Unless you have a hate on for all series other than the Shootout, I can't see why this announcement is going to affect other series.
cousin_v wrote: Don't need to name other series names but this will put the hurt on all of them!
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
drake691
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by drake691 »

I wish they would come west. Finally get rid of the CSFL and Top Bass
cbanford
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cbanford »

Thank you all for the support on our FLW partnership.

First off I would like to say, in no way is it our plan, goal, or objective to affect any other Tour, Series or clubs! Every other organization or single event holders, all have the anglers best intentions at heart! Competition in business is a great thing for everybody. Being eastern Ontario based for 2015, the last thing we want to do is affect Renegade Bass! It makes no sense for us to affect Renegade Bass! Most our anglers are their anglers, most our sponsors are their sponsors!

The 2 years it took finalizing this deal, the objective was always to do something that has never been done, and to finally give us Canadians a direct path on to the biggest stage in fishing! We could have had a deal done years ago to have guys advance by working their way up the TBF ladder, and I can assure you it would have been the easier and much cheaper road to take!

So in saying all that, we sure need all anglers to show up and support the FLW into Canada! If it fails now, they won't be back! If it succeeds like we believe it will, it's only the beginning of FLW's Canadian partnership.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

This truly is great news for tournament freaks. I was asked 3 times to fish the 3 day event today... :lol: While I'm positive it'll be an awesome event, tournament stress, pre-fishing and costs just don't appeal to me anymore. My plate is full enough as it is.

What does kinda irk me is the need to try to point out that its going to hurt other Series ie Renegade. It's not, tournament registration numbers were down everywhere last year. While this FLW championship will undoubtedly draw lots of interest those that want to fish a full series and have a shot at a $60-70,000 Ranger will still fish Renegade.

Further to that point for the FLW to succeed in Canada it certainly isn't going to stay in Eastern Ontario.

Either way it's awesome to see guys up here can now get a real shot at playing against the big boys by qualifying for their events up here.

RJ
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Great work guys, looking forward to seeing how this unfolds in 2016 and participating.

Nothing excites me more than sitting in the boat in the morning minutes before blast-off. Bring on the openers!