Looking for Help: ZEC Spring Fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
pchilli1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Looking for Help: ZEC Spring Fishing

Post by pchilli1 »

All,

Looking for help in booking at a ZEC - 8 guys in May (22-24). Looking at ZEC Pontiac or one of the three north of the Ottawa river near Deep River. Does anyone have experience staying at a ZEC? Looking for info on cost and where you stayed. We are seeking a cabin to stay at.

PM if you have info.

Thanks,

Paul
flewdogg
Participant
Participant

Re: Looking for Help: ZEC Spring Fishing

Post by flewdogg »

I haven't stayed or fished at those particular ZECs, but I do go to a ZEC up in the north shore region of Quebec every year. My father-in-law has a camp up there. Since I have a place to stay I haven't had to rent accommodations, but I can tell you that fishing in a ZEC as a non-resident of Quebec is not cheap. You have to pay for your Quebec fishing permit as well as a fee to the ZEC, both of which cost significantly more for non-residents. The fishing at the ZEC I go to is top notch though, with very few anglers around, so I gladly pay the extra.

Good luck on your trip and hopefully some other members have more info specific to those ZECs you're looking at.
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

I second what flewdogg says, for non residents it is EXPENSIVE! My buddy has a camp in one of the zecs so I couldnt tell ya any advice on lodging. If I had to pay lodging on top of all the licenses I would be broke or not able to even afford to go but the fishing is defiantly worth it! Only a couple more months!
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

There is an added fee for non-residents for parc rights? I know Pchilli already has his QC permit ;)
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

took less than 10 seconds to find

http://zecpontiac.reseauzec.com/en/tarifs
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

This is a great site to help you decide where to go. Even though a lot of these places are called "Outfitters", many are nothing more than a place for the mice to stay in the winter and a place to keep your arse dry in the spring/summer/fall. Rough... "rustic" would be a polite way to put it!

You will not regret going because of the fishing quality and don't get your hopes too high about the accommodations unless you pay a fair bit.

QC Outfitters Site

Craig
pchilli1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by pchilli1 »

Thanks for the info guys. Been checking the various ZEC's. Looks like we may stay on ZEC St Patrice in a cabin on Lac St Patrice. I dont' assume any of you have fished that area of lake that care to share experiences, etc? PM if you do and we can share some info.

Would love to get a spot in ZEC Dumoine but its pretty well booked for cabins. May do the camping route. Any pointers on Dumoine are welcome via PM as well!

Finally, if anyone knows of a cottager who has good trout fishing who is willing to rent the weekend of May 22-24, we are paying customers!

Thanks,

P.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

PM replied... for what it's worth. :) Good luck up there.