2015 Soft Water Season ** What Are You Itching To Try **

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

2015 Soft Water Season ** What Are You Itching To Try **

Post by Kerrazy »

Well, last nights get together saw me organizing Ed (Toobinator) from Paddletales bring me some supplies in an inconspicuous white bag.
I also signed up for Tackle Grab and again yesterday received my first box of goodies.

While I like shopping locally, I find my local small retailers, I am sure froma a language barrier just do not engage me when I go in to browse for that little something for the already over flowing tackle box.

This of course leads me to always buy the same old, same old. So in order to get out of that I took the plunge and signed up with tackle grab. Truly a think like a fish moment ( code for something shiny and they set the hook).

I will be very interested to see what arrives over the first few months. And one item they really intrigued me in yesterday's box was a chatter bait for soft plastics.

I have never used one before and am very curious how it will perform.

Also, back to my little white bag from Toobinator. It had a tube of Liquid Mayhem fish attractant. Reviews have been outstanding so looking to see what comes of it!

So, your turn... What's your new hopeful this season?
image.jpg
image.jpg (98.09 KiB) Viewed 4873 times
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: 2015 Soft Water Season ** What Are You Itching To Try **

Post by Cyber »

Itching to try out my new (to me, anyways :wink: ) Loomis sticks, and although I haven't got them yet
I'm curious about the new 'Smartfish' lures from Kamooki (Alberta company), and also gonna pick up
a Cotton Cordell Ripplin' Redfin to try and coax some more Waldo's to drop in for a visit. :wink: 8) :lol: :lol:

BTW, what's the cost for that "Tackle Grab"?? :? Is it Canadian :D or from the U.S. :P
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

Cyber wrote:Itching to try out my new (to me, anyways :wink: ) Loomis sticks, and although I haven't got them yet
I'm curious about the new 'Smartfish' lures from Kamooki (Alberta company), and also gonna pick up
a Cotton Cordell Ripplin' Redfin to try and coax some more Waldo's to drop in for a visit. :wink: 8) :lol: :lol:

BTW, what's the cost for that "Tackle Grab"?? :? Is it Canadian :D or from the U.S. :P
The kamooki truly looks awesome! And that is not a word I throw around.

The Tackle grab kit was $19.73 with exchange included! I do believe this is cheaper than my typical stroll through the CTC or local outdoor stores!

I do truly believe in folks like Ed at Paddletales, who know the local water bodies and what the fish are really striking on, and was great I could finally get a chance to make a purchase from him!

On a side note, I am have been pondering our chat last night about the G Loomis sensitivity. You sir, are a home wrecker! Now I need one! Lol

I was very pleased to have had a great chat last night Cyber, and you as well ZippyFx
Kerrazy

Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
LifeIsntWasted
Participant
Participant

Post by LifeIsntWasted »

Do you like tackle grab? I signed up for tackle grab, mystery tackle box and lucky tackle box all for 3 months, mystery tackle box was my favorite every time so Im sticking with them.

All three of these subscription boxes have a $5 first month trial, and it was easy to cancel from tackle grab and lucky tackle, I imagine mystery tacklebox would be the same.
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

LifeIsntWasted wrote:Do you like tackle grab? I signed up for tackle grab, mystery tackle box and lucky tackle box all for 3 months, mystery tackle box was my favorite every time so Im sticking with them.

All three of these subscription boxes have a $5 first month trial, and it was easy to cancel from tackle grab and lucky tackle, I imagine mystery tacklebox would be the same.
This was my first box from Tackle Grab. So I am currently pleased, and yes the first month would have been $5 if I had of slowed down!

I chose it as all shipping and handling was included, more of a no mess, no fuss process.
Kerrazy

Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

What am I itching to try? I am itching to try backing my boat into a lake that is not frozen............ :D

Or heck I am itching to try walking on a frozen lake that does not try to freeze my family jewels when I am doing my best to get to a fishing spot........... :roll:

New tackle, not so much, but I am looking forward to seeing if the "NEW" Berkley Ironsilk is as fabulous as the original, I did like that line a LOT (for jigging and worming).

Doug
reboot
Participant
Participant

Post by reboot »

Bought a few musky baits and can't wait to try them out! First time going for muskies!! :P
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

reboot wrote:Bought a few musky baits and can't wait to try them out! First time going for muskies!! :P
I hear the baits that look like ducklings work great for the big muskies........... 8)

Doug
reboot
Participant
Participant

Post by reboot »

Doug wrote:
reboot wrote:Bought a few musky baits and can't wait to try them out! First time going for muskies!! :P
I hear the baits that look like ducklings work great for the big muskies........... 8)

Doug
Funny (or not so funny) story, I was fishing at dows lake last summer and saw 4 ducklings swimming when SPLOOSH a wave jumped up on them and when the water settled, there were 2 ducklings swimming away fast... Wonder what happened lol
LifeIsntWasted
Participant
Participant

Post by LifeIsntWasted »

Kerrazy wrote:I chose it as all shipping and handling was included, more of a no mess, no fuss process.
All three are $15 with free shipping. :) For anyone else interested in these here are the links, and the coupon codes. :)

http://www.luckytacklebox.com - Promo Code: SAVE10 gets you the first box for $5

http://www.tacklegrab.com - Promo Code: TRYFOR5 gets you the first box for $5

http://www.mysterytacklebox.com - Promo Code: GET499 gets you the first box for $5

What I'm really waiting for is to head down toward Trenton for the Walleye derby at the start of May, it can't come soon enough!
Supernova224
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Supernova224 »

I'm itching to try out my new kayak :D New to me anyways, I picked up a 13' Clearwater Designs Inuvik for dirt cheap from a co-worker this winter. I've been rigging it up for fishing, and cannot wait to be on the water this season instead of stuck to the shoreline!
NorthernGuy
Participant
Participant

Post by NorthernGuy »

Itching to buy myself a new rod and reel just before fishing season starts & trying it out! I am currently looking at the shimano Citica baitcast reel, has some of the best reviews for 2014! & also the Shimano Compre bass casting rod probly xfast med/heavy!!! what do you guys think about this? Any do's or donts for that "combo" ? I have fished all my life but this is my first time really searching for a good rod and reel for myself! The snow cant melt fast enough! when I see a couple inches on the asphalt that melted I get all excited haha, fish are calling us!!! :P
Born to Fish…Forced to Work!
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Supernova224 wrote:I'm itching to try out my new kayak :D New to me anyways, I picked up a 13' Clearwater Designs Inuvik for dirt cheap from a co-worker this winter. I've been rigging it up for fishing, and cannot wait to be on the water this season instead of stuck to the shoreline!
That's the one!! . Gets my vote. For me there is no bigger step, even if it at first just gives you more shore fishing spots that are only accessible by water. Don't matter if its a canoe, yak, small cartopper or whatever. A whole new fishing world has now opened up for Supernova. Good luck lad.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
xped
Participant
Participant

Post by xped »

New fishfinder in the boat this year: Humminbird 899ci hd si combo. Lots of learning ahead for me.

As well, I'm looking forward to trying the new Keitech Swing Impact Fat swimbaits. Seen a lot of praise for these on Youtube. Had to order these from the states...wish I could have found them in Canada.
Supernova224
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Supernova224 »

Thanks Smitty! That's exactly how I feel, a whole new world for me to explore. As I learned more about where to look for fish last season, I was finding myself only able to hit a small percentage of the area I wanted to target from shore. I've been itching all winter to get out on the water!