Calabogie lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Calabogie lake

Post by cgates »

Has there even been a bass tournament held on Calabogie lake... Never fished it would it be big enough to hold say 40-50 teams Chris
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Calabogie lake

Post by Cyber »

It'd be pretty crowded!! :shock:

With all the "weekenders" wakeboarding, waterskiing, tubing, and jetskiing :evil: :roll: :roll:
you'd have a helluva time finding places to fish for 40 to 50 boats!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
the bogie Man
Participant
Participant

Post by the bogie Man »

I think the Local game club puts one on but you only get like 12 boats tops
Jholder
Participant
Participant

Post by Jholder »

Cyber wrote:It'd be pretty crowded!! :shock:

With all the "weekenders" wakeboarding, waterskiing, tubing, and jetskiing :evil: :roll: :roll:
you'd have a helluva time finding places to fish for 40 to 50 boats!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This, Lol i can see it now. :lol:
There would likely be a half dozen areas where everyone would simply be trying not to hook or float into one another.
Also may require a traffic light in the causeway :roll:
the bogie Man
Participant
Participant

Post by the bogie Man »

Lake fishes bigger than it looks for sure. If anyone has information on this tourny please post!
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Jholder wrote:
Cyber wrote:It'd be pretty crowded!! :shock:

This, Lol i can see it now. :lol:
There would likely be a half dozen areas where everyone would simply be trying not to hook or float into one another.
Also may require a traffic light in the causeway :roll:
I can just see 15 boats fighting for spots in grassy bay lol. And then of course they'd have to contend with Chris Neal maintaining decorum on the water. He's got one huge honking "cottage" on the lake and one big motha of a boat to match.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
the bogie Man
Participant
Participant

Post by the bogie Man »

More than just grassy bay and grassy bay is huge! Lots of deep smallie spots. Neilers cottage is pretty big but he is by no means the biggest red head on the lake or has the biggest boat. As a matter of fact great Sandy smally spot right infront of his dock!
chadkam
Participant
Participant

Post by chadkam »

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I was wondering if anyways is able to help me out. Me and some friends have decided to head up to Calabogie on the May long weekend for our annual fishing trip. We got a cottage on Dempseys Lake which is not too far from Calabogie Lake.

I am just wondering if the fishing that time of year will be any good? We are hoping to do some trout fishing and wondering if anyone has ever fished Dempseys Lake? Wgat about fishing the madawaska river where it meets Calabogie Lake? I know no one likes to share their fishing hotspots with anyone but just in regards to the time of year, is mid-May too late in the spring for trout?

Thanks
Chad
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

chadkam wrote:Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I was wondering if anyways is able to help me out. Me and some friends have decided to head up to Calabogie on the May long weekend for our annual fishing trip. We got a cottage on Dempseys Lake which is not too far from Calabogie Lake.

I am just wondering if the fishing that time of year will be any good? We are hoping to do some trout fishing and wondering if anyone has ever fished Dempseys Lake? Wgat about fishing the madawaska river where it meets Calabogie Lake? I know no one likes to share their fishing hotspots with anyone but just in regards to the time of year, is mid-May too late in the spring for trout?

Thanks Chad
Hi Chad. Welcome to the forums. Lots of trout lakes up in that area. Check out the Fish - online resource at http://www.web2.mnr.gov.on.ca/fish_onli ... er_en.html No problem trout fishing mid May. The best early season fishing tends to correspond with the arrival of the black fly season, so bring your fly dope.
Dempseys lake has Pike and Walleye but that's all I know about it. Good luck with your trip.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter