Loch Garry fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
klmolson
Participant
Participant

Loch Garry fishing

Post by klmolson »

Hey guys, I am new on this site and I was wondering if anyone knows how the fishing is on Loch garry lake. I read a post online that said it really sucked but the post was from 2010. I am looking to buy a cottage some where and there is one for sale there but if the fishing isn't much good I will look elsewhere.
Any info would be appreciated.
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Loch Garry fishing

Post by riverdog »

Have you ever been on the Lake before? It's shallow & smaller. I fished twice & both times it was brutal. I'm told if we get a big winter it's the shallowness causes major die offs which I could believe. I don't think it would be much for swimming either.
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!
klmolson
Participant
Participant

Post by klmolson »

No never been there, so I guess it would not be the best place for fishing then either.
Thanks for the info.
Lunker Larry
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lunker Larry »

There was a huge die off on this lake due to a milfoil explosion and a bad winter a few years back. There was a big muskie die off and the milfoil explosion has ruined the water quality. This is the only source of water for the town of Alexandria so it is a big issue. You may want to hold off buying a cottage there until the lake and realestate values become clearer. Just a suggestion. Check out these links and do a bit of research first.

http://www.lochgarrylakeassociation.ca/lgla-action/

http://www.lochgarrylakeassociation.ca/