question about gas Auger

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
pigeon
Participant
Participant

question about gas Auger

Post by pigeon »

Hi all,

Is anybody know where can I get Viper Brand 2 cycle motor oil for gas auger in Ottawa?

I just got a new gas Auger, the manufacture suggest to use 87 grade fuel, can I use highest grade fuel? Some people said higher grade fuel run hotter could damage engine, is it true?

Thanks.
Grizzly Grub
Participant
Participant

Re: question about gas Auger

Post by Grizzly Grub »

I went on a search for the thing last year at this time. Unfortunately no one in the Ottawa and vicinity sells the stuff, I called dozen places...every fishing store within a 150k radius and even some authorized Viper engine repair outfits and no luck. Mind you there's nothing wrong with getting small engine 2 cycle motor oil from Canadian Tire...as that's what I ran in the first half of last season. However I'm a a bit of a stickler when it comes to the manual specifically recommending a particular oil for best performance (albeit more than likely just a marketing ploy to get more of your dollars). I can tell you though, I added the Viper oil in my jerry can last February, I had about a third of a tank left in auger at end of season and my Eskimo Shark Z51 fired up on it's second gentle pull just two days ago and purred away like nobody's business.

As for acquiring the oil, I ended up buying it online at http://www.thornebros.com/shop/pc/Eskim ... 1p2418.htm they had free shipping to lower 48 states so I ordered a half dozen (should last me 5+ yrs) shipped it to Ogdensburg for pick up at "The Corporate Centre", mind you that was back when our dollar was pretty much at par and I just happened to have other items online I needed to order for cross border pick up.

I did notice this morning that Cabela's Canada sells it online as well, http://www.cabelas.ca/product/40883/esk ... -cycle-oil although it is more expensive and I'm not sure if they have free shipping. Hope this info helps.,

Dave
ImageImage
Lunker Larry
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lunker Larry »

I highly recommend Lucas oil. All my trimmers, mowers, chainsaw , augers and two stroke outboards when I had them all started better and ran smoother and cleaner than any other two stroke oil I tried. Others whom made the switch couldn't believe the improvement too. A really big noticeable improvement when compared to some, even against other well known 'brand' name oils. It costs a bit more but well worth it.
Roblin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Roblin »

The Eskimo web site says Lebaron carries it.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

I use Amsoil synthetic 2 stroke oil in all my engines. I'm told that you can run it as low as 100:1 but I don't. I also only use high-test in all my small engines, even the 4 strokes, but most of my stuff is older. Every can of fuel also gets sea foam as I'm a big believer in that product.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter