Vexillar FL18 vs FL20

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Vexillar FL18 vs FL20

Post by baz fish »

Hey guys I want to buy another flasher for this season and I think all make the switch from Marcum to Vexillar. I was looking at the Fl18 or the FL20 is theres a lot of difference in these 2 unit I hear that the fl20 had a better zoom than the FL18. Is theres a difference with gain and depth range in the FL 20 then the FL 18. I Usually fish not deeper than 30ft of water and 20' is where I fish the most?
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Vexillar FL18 vs FL20

Post by nighttroller »

I sold my FL-18 a few years ago and bought the FL-20. The thing I like most about the FL-20 is the flat screen display, I find it is a lot clearer. The FL-20 has a few features the FL-18 doesn't, you can find those online. Both units will do what you want though so it really comes down to how much you are willing to spend. I haven't looked at the price difference so I am not sure how much of a difference there is.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Baz definitely the FL-20. Like nighttroller said the flat screen I find it a lot better. I went from an FL-18 to an FL-22 a couple of years ago and I really like the flat screen. But if I was doing a lot more icefishing like I used to, I would surely upgrade my FL-22 to a new FLX-28.

If you don't fish deeper than 30 ft and you can find an FL-22 I'd get that one. But they are max depth of 60ft.

But as long as it's Vex you can't go wrong :) :) :)
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Main difference between the two is as the lads mentioned the flat and visually larger screen on the 20 is nice, performance wise not much difference between them.

The 28 is awesome... :wink: :lol:

RJ
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

FL-20 for sure Baz!!
reboot
Participant
Participant

Post by reboot »

So if you're switching from Marcum to Vexilar, does that mean you have a Marcum flasher for sale? ;) *nudge nudge*