Athabasca's Holy Mackinaws.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Athabasca's Holy Mackinaws.

Post by Moosebunk »

:oops: Few more pics from the trip... :)

theDL
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by theDL »

I've said it before and I'll say it again...damn 'Bunk, that's a helluva report! :D Great writing, great photography and most of all ridiculous trouts! Congrats on some epic fishing, I'm very jealous :mrgreen:
Valleyboy
Participant
Participant

Post by Valleyboy »

Bunk,

Bet you never beat Nails to the coffee pot in the morning! Is Merle still guiding there? Checkley still smiling? Ole big bear Brucey is a heck of good lad. I miss those fellas. Made friends for life with those boys they are salt of the earth. Fishing is ---- unreal ehhhh! I think me and dad caught over 600 lakers in a week and 2 monster northerns at Merle's eagle shore lunch spot. I cant wait to go back to LakersUnlimited someday soon.
Valleyboy
Participant
Participant

Post by Valleyboy »

BTW IF YOUR GONNA GUIDE FOR THE CAPTAIN YOU NEED TO LEARN THE GOLDEN RULE.....NO FINGERS!
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Valleyboy wrote:Bet you never beat Nails to the coffee pot in the morning! Is Merle still guiding there? Checkley still smiling? Ole big bear Brucey is a heck of good lad. I miss those fellas. Made friends for life with those boys they are salt of the earth. Fishing is ---- unreal ehhhh! I think me and dad caught over 600 lakers in a week and 2 monster northerns at Merle's eagle shore lunch spot. I cant wait to go back to LakersUnlimited someday soon.
Merle was out I guess. Left before we got there. Nails was a ninja for the java though, hard to beat the spring in his 80 sumthin year old step. Wild man! It's guiding jobs like those in the north which must keep guys young for years. It's gotta be so much more involved than merely taking people fishing for coin in your boat those odd days while at home. Nails is nails cause he's 24/7 all summer long, and when home all winter probably starving to get back to the fresh air, tiller and fry pan. They're a small and great group of fellas, and I'd bet being a part of something like that June-October makes these guys the best of friends come end of each day and probably for life.
Valleyboy wrote:BTW IF YOUR GONNA GUIDE FOR THE CAPTAIN YOU NEED TO LEARN THE GOLDEN RULE.....NO FINGERS!
Really!!! Bummer. The surprise photos when ya see èm back home are kinda funny. :lol:
Valleyboy
Participant
Participant

Post by Valleyboy »

Big Brucey won't put a photo on his website with fingers showin and I don't mean the bird. That was priceless LMFAO!
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Another awesome report and adventure Bunk!!
Pecs on them trout bigger than a hand. Amazing fishery!
Mike P
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike P »

Always a great report Bunk!