recommendations for a fly-in/fishing lodge

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
theDL
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

recommendations for a fly-in/fishing lodge

Post by theDL »

I am hoping to book a fly-in or remote fishing lodge trip, ideally for big lakers and/or walleye. I'm thinking northern ontario/quebec. I'm interested to hear of any recommendations from anywhere some of you might have tried.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: recommendations for a fly-in/fishing lodge

Post by Moosebunk »

Fly-in "BIG" lakers "AND" walleye... It's the "BIG" that makes the combo tricky off the top of my head.

Two lakes come to mind though, but they're not fly-in. Nipigon and Northwind through Onaman's River Resort. A group of three or four would pay as much as one on some fly-ins. The lakers are tough but what you do catch are "BIG" and, there's plenty enough walleye... and pike... and specks. Go in June.
theDL
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by theDL »

Thanks 'bunk. I'll look 'em up :D

It's doesn't have to be fly-in, and doesn't have to be lakers and walleye, those are just ideal target species.
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

I have never been... but I have always wanted to do the Algoma train in to any number of lodges... Lodge 88 has been on TV a few times. It sure looks like a unique spot and adventure.
Be sure to let us know what you decide and why.
Tomcat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Tomcat »

I did a fly-in to Lac Hebert with Air Tamarac (1 hour flight out of Clova, Quebec) last Jun. 4 guys boated 700 walleye over 9 days. While the biggest walleye caught were 27-28 inches, the average length was 17-21 inches. Unfortunately, not a lake trout lake. Great outfitter, great equipment and great accommodations.
theDL
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by theDL »

Tomcat wrote:I did a fly-in to Lac Hebert with Air Tamarac (1 hour flight out of Clova, Quebec) last Jun. 4 guys boated 700 walleye over 9 days. While the biggest walleye caught were 27-28 inches, the average length was 17-21 inches. Unfortunately, not a lake trout lake. Great outfitter, great equipment and great accommodations.
how much did that trip run you per person?
Tomcat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Tomcat »

The 2014 rate for a fly-in week at Lac Hebert was $1075 per person for 4 guys (no taxes included) for the right to fish, a cabin, 16 foot Lund, 20 HP 4 stroke Mercury outboard (new every year) and all your outboard gasoline. We each paid an extra $100 to stay two more nights. Even though over weight charges were only 80 cents per pound, our overage cost was $320 ($80 each). Motel room in Clova was $90 for each 2 guys and of course our food for 9 days. Total all in cost for me from door to door was $1630. I'd go back in a heart beat.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Sounds absolutely wicked Tom. Now I wanna go too. :D
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

I'm really glad you guys are discussing this.

I was invited to Baskatong with 5 other guys this year. They invited me (the new guy) cause they expected me to put them onto some fish. Between me and my buddy with 10 years of guiding experience, we took a day but we put all three boats onto some decent walleye action when the word was they were not biting. God bless storm lures and NAVIONICS!!!!

The guide was crushing it with bottom bouncers but the boys wanted to fish with me cause I was crushing them trolling...Baskatong cost 6 guys 400$ a piece including everything (we brought and made our own food, highlight of the trip with the guide cooking his shorelunch recipes AMAZING WALLEYE!!!) I would not suggest going there if you want serious action.

Now guess who is responsible for finding the fishing lodge next year... I am...

I was told by a guy at work that barrage Gouin has a lot of fly in lodges and you can fly out of Mont-Laurier... I am pretty sure you are looking at 1000$ for 4-5 days... He said he had done barrage going on a house boat and enjoyed that more...
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

Pourvoiries - Air Mont-Laurier

www.airmontlaurier.com

La Pourvoirie du lac du Mâle

There ya go
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.