lac poisson blanc

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Spinelli
Participant
Participant

lac poisson blanc

Post by Spinelli »

hey guys im going on a fishing trip this weekend to lac poisson blanc . I took at trip up there this past weekend to do a dry run and I was so over whelmed by the size of the lake!!! can anyone tip me off or dial me in on some key spots for pike or lake trout. the lake is to big for me to figure out in the amount of time I will be there so any tips or locations to troll or cast would be gratefully appreciated
thx spinelli
flewdogg
Participant
Participant

Re: lac poisson blanc

Post by flewdogg »

I've never fished that lake. Have you tried Navionics web app? Looks like they have contours for Lac Poisson Blanc. Here's the link:

http://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en
flewdogg
Participant
Participant

Post by flewdogg »

PS - the app helpfully labels areas where you may find certain species. I noticed several spots for Poisson Blanc with "lake trout" on them.
Spinelli
Participant
Participant

Post by Spinelli »

thank you so much man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
flewdogg
Participant
Participant

Post by flewdogg »

No problem, glad to help. Earlier this summer I used the web app to scout a new lake before my first visit and it proved invaluable. I saw the size of Poisson Blanc on the map, wow is it a big lake! You could fish it for years and not know it well. I might have to go check it in the next week or two, before lake trout season closes.

Looking forward to your report. Good luck up there!
bl8ant
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bl8ant »

Fished it once planning to jig it for lakers. Being unfamiliar with the lake it was more than a challenge. Extremely deep in areas and most of the lake trout I marked were suspended over deep water.

Not much of a help but that is my 2 cents.