OCT 4TH BOARD ONLY VIRTUAL TOURNEY FISH & MEET

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

where do we have the oct 4th Fish & meet for board only tourney

OTTAWA RIVER
42%
MISSISSIPPI LAKE
48%
OTHER ( PLEASE SPECIFY IN POST )
10%

Total votes: 52

JasonK
Participant
Participant

Re: OCT 4TH BOARD ONLY VIRTUAL TOURNEY FISH & MEET

Post by JasonK »

We won't be able to make it either. I have to take a coaching course to help out with my sons hockey team this year and my only option is to do it on Saturday. :cry:

I hope the rain holds off for you!
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

EagleEyesFlash wrote:Looking like heavy rain Saturday.
Sure, I'll swing by.
Where about is the " town" launch, know the bird one, guess it's
closer to C.P.
Found it http://carletonplace.ca/docksandpublicb ... esp326.php
So the plan is to fish 12-4pm and meet at the Tap house at 5pm.

Yes that is the plan EEF
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

I'm in if Lvace is.

Too bad it wasn't Sun.

The weather looks way more promising.
jona38
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jona38 »

Won't be able to make it. Jon
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

What do people think of moving it to sunday?? More people may be able to make it and better weather. Let's see what everyone thinks.

ORWL
MichaelGA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MichaelGA »

Sunday would work.... unfortunately I got volunteered for the Co-Op Nursery School fundraiser in Almonte on Saturday.
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Seaweed »

Sorry I could not make it I was sick as a dog ... hope the fishing was good.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Well a handful of hawkers braved the wind and waves to get out for a fish. Weather was cold most of the day with spats of warmth when the sun was peaking out from beyond a dark cloud. The waves were comparable with the northern Alaska crab fishermen and made for tough fishing conditions. In my wee boat I had the pleasure of hosting Dave and Lili for the morning. I met them at 7:50am at the CP launch and when I saw this guy and his wife walking toward me with 6 rods I knew it was going to be a good day. We head out and realize it is going to be a cold ride. Due to this I kept it close to town and we fished the first part and into the narrows. After stopping at the first spot to realize water is about a foot down from a bit ago we started to drift. About two minutes in Lili catches this "cute little bass" and is on the board with this thing!

:o That's not a bass that's a massive perch. I have only caught a few in my time that big. Nice work Lili.

Then we find a little slice of heaven bay where the wind died down and the sun shined bright warming us up and then Dave got onto a fish frenzy and pulled them in by the minute. Here are two nice ones he got out of the bunch he managed.

So I managed a pike and a few wee bass but to me the fish of the day was that perch. We finished the day by going for lunch at The tap house and I was lucky enough to meet finally in person with plowjock. Awesome to meet you finally plow. Also finally got to meet the one and only queen of the LM one eleven and her fishing partner in crime lvace. Guys we will get out for a fish soon.
So hopefully everyone had a good time during this tourney and I will pm a few of you to try and meet up for your prizes. I also have some stuff that is left over and so if all the people that donated prizes don't mind I will try and organize an ice fishing tourney for February and use that stuff for then. If you would like the stuff back just let me know

Again a big thank you to all the businesses and individuals that gave prizes for this. If it wasn't for them this would not have happened!!

Cheers

ORWL
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

Thanks to Almontefisher for the hard work that went into this.

Today was a little hairy out there in Lavace's boat, but a beautiful day on the water regardless. Love the smell of the water, mixed with wood smoke and leaves, with the sound of gun shots echoing around the lake.

Was really nice putting faces to names and getting to spend the afternoon hearing everyone's fishing tales. It was great to talk 'nothin' but fishin' ' and not get the stink eye from your friends :lol:

Looking forward to the FHBOVT on ice :)
daveh_cdn
Participant
Participant

Post by daveh_cdn »

Great day out fishing on Sunday for sure. It was cold and windy but we persevered and caught in the end. I think lili's toes have thawed now. Really great to get out on a proper boat and fish some water deeper than 4 feet.

Thanks again to almontefisher for arranging everything. It's gonna be strange fishing the rest of the season without having my ID Card and tape measure ready to go.