Derby Teams

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Derby Teams

Post by fishforfun »

Can the captains and all others check the derby team listing, presently I need to add RRC and nippissingboy if the list is correct I will place them right now. Thanks.
How are all the captains making out, anybody feel it's a little more than they anticipated? Be honest we can always make changes if it will help.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I'm finding it a bit of a pain.....I find myself going thru way too many PM's about 9 and 10 inch smallmouth...if you know what I mean... :lol:

IMO there is too many fish to be accounted for....

Two options....

1. Make it one fish per species per angler....that way you know when you are out fishing what size fish you need to upgrade to...plus the number of fish to be added up would be dramatically reduced...

2. Make it 5 fish per species for each team.....that way folks wouldn't feel like they are hurting their teams because they are unable to fish as much others....I have a few people like that on my team that are apologizing to me for not contributing alot...noone needs to be apologizing... :) ...and who knows....that one trip that a team member gets out for could be one of the 5.....

Also....I don't think we need quarters....I think we thought of doing this so we could add people after the quarter...we've added people all along so that became a moot point....

I for one surely dont want to start over at zero again... :?

my 2 cents....

RJ
jazman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

hmm

Post by jazman »

All goo thinking RJ, I support each point. would sur emake the points close... that is what it is about!
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

I agree with RJ on the Quarter thing. I think it’s too much. If we just keep the numbers where they are, then all will need to do is upgrade the sizes as we catch them. I my self don’t want to be messaging John with all new fish. I would much rather just PM with upgrades if there are any.
Rider23
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rider23 »

I agree with RJ also, tracking and culling fish for a 7 or 8 person team is a lot of work with 5 fish each. 1 fish of each type will make it easier to track and not change the results at all :)
Rider23
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rider23 »

Oh :!: :!: BTW the Bassturds are going to win anyway so it don't matter. I was just thinking of the other captains doing all the futile work :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Muskiemagnet
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskiemagnet »

My only thought is that its seems odd a 10" perch or 20" smallie are more points than a 50" muskie. But its all for fun so I don't really care.

RJ is just sour he's in last place. :cry:

Just busting your balls RJ, you do make some good points.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

MM,

I've tried the perch argument.... :lol: :lol: won't work!

Don't look now but I bet the Bottom Bouncers finish in 3rd!

RJ
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

I'm actually thinking of targeting perch for a day.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

I really like the points Rj is has made..hmmmmm...where have I read that b4?
Anyway, point #2 especially!!
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

Couldn't agree more on the perch, bass and muskie issue. I went to the OFAH site looked at minimums to register in the big fish and reduced them by 20% approx. a 50" skie should be worth 500 to 1000 points but it didn't register at the time. The perch I left high in hopes we would get some young ie 8 to 12yr old anglers registering. Didn't realize you buggers all had ultra lights and the desire to use them. Any way we are approaching 20 anglers per team and I feel the numbers will keep going up, which is great, but if it is going to give captains a big head ache let's sort it out now, were still in the first quarter.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

I saw we can keep evovlving until we have exactly what we want...but lets talk about those suggestion...#2 especially...in my mind..
5 fish per species per team.....!!!!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

The quarters thing still doesnt make sense to me....why?

I have no problem upgrading peoples catches...but to start all over would be a pain...

at some point I think we do have to cut off adding new people....until we have 6 new people that want to join in.....have them wait in queue until that happens....just adding them as they want isnt fair to some teams...because potentially one team can have an extra member for weeks...
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

On point 2 of RJs post if each angler had their best one in each species then everyone feels they are still contributing something, I'd be discouraged or embarassed if my team won but none of my fish counted. Keep thinking and talking time we have lots of. But please check those team lists I'm sure RRC and nippissingboy are fishing this weekend, I want to assign them teams if you have anglers you have not yet heard from send them a polite PM and if they have lost interest and wish to withdraw we can do that, be nice not everyone has fish eggs for brains.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

We also have to know what to do about those who haven't sent in any catches..