TEAM 28

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

TEAM 28

Post by smitty55 »

LMFAO ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Team 28 you just made my summer hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
28 Francois Dufour / Marc-Antoine Dufour 1/1 4.99 0 0 0 0 4.99 ONE FISH

With all the crap that comes spewing out of your pie holes, with your garbage smugness and sarcasm you call humor, between the two of you, you could only catch ONE FISH on a whole days fishing on the Larry. :cry: :cry: :cry: LOL So much for all that high end gear you like to brag about eh! And you two guys consider yourself pros? :oops: :oops: :roll: What a joke. Now that IS funny. Maybe you should have stayed on the dock and used a bobber and a tube jig :idea:

No offense at all intended to any other tourney guys, or anyone that like to use high end gear. I spent almost a grand on 5 reels this summer myself. These clowns get a big kick out of dishing it out, but like most bullies they can't take it too well. With all the chit they've thrown my way it was time to clear the air and it smells so much better now. :) It's certainly not my style to dis other members here or on any other forum, but in this case it was well deserved and I do feel so much better. Even better, they are now on ignore, but after this post I'll probably get some nasty pms, which I'll be happy to share. :twisted:

Cheers folks. :wink:
Last edited by smitty55 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smitty

Straight shooter
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: TEAM 28

Post by almontefisher »

Hey it is a nice size one fish at least... 8)

If I had the $$ to enter one of these tourney schedules for a year I have always wondered how I would make out. I kept track last year of my daily average for bass and my average was always 5 fish and about 13lbs on average which looking at results would have put me out of the money by very little so a very frustrating year if I did it. :(

I wonder if we could do a board tourney thing where we report our catches via pictures etc and see who at the end of the year has the bestlbs average.

Sorry to hijack the thread on ya Smitty but it made me think about the regular joes who fish bass all the time with $40 combo's from CTC etc....like me!!
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Fishing will keep you humble, I myself have gone out and done great on practice and flopped on tournament day.
It's honestly why I quit golf and love fishing, there's an uncontrollable element in this game..

Team 28 Defour ;) went in blind and got their butt's handed to them.
Fishing a series is pretty darn hard, you've got a job, sometimes two, kids, LIFE gets in the way of fishing ( Crazy huh? :roll: ) and you end up running out of time and because this isn't an open you can just step out of because you aren't ready... You HAVE to go and you HAVE to swing for the fences...

Different strokes for different folks..
They've got fancy gear and some guys have fancier gear.. Some like to spend their money at the bar's trying to pick up anything that has boobs... Some like to buy copious amounts of drugs and forget life.. I work with guys that come in shaking like a leaf because they haven't had a drink in the past 5 hours...

I see a lad with priorities and he gets to fish with his Dad, That's Awesome!!!
Wish I had that opportunity..

They also have jerseys, a nice boat but I've never heard them beat on their chest and flaunt that they're pros...

That's the fun thing about fishing and web forums,
you guys perceive them one way but I text back and forth on a regular with a lot of guys on here, 98% of anything that is said is all jokes.
If you read some of the texts I get from Brad,Adam and the whole gang... You'd want to kill em hahahahaha

Also I've heard about their keyboard warrior antics and I just want to remind everyone that this is the internet, it's full of guys FAR WORST ....

It's like getting skunked, you brush your shoulders off and get back at it.

To sum it all up, teasing and nailing a guy for doing very poorly is fine, you do it right after he get's beat too.
Just don't let it get nasty, because it can and most of the time will. Be a man and get your punches in, don't be that guy who demeans people and make a fool out of 2 fellow fisherman. This site isn't meant for that and LOTS of sites get ruined after the first snow ball.

That's what I've got to say about it. 8-)
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
River Monster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by River Monster »

WOW!!!

I can see this post going south quickly.

It's sad when a guys have a bad weekend fishing and a post like this surfaces. I think everyone has had bad days on the water. I'm in no place to judge their fishing ability, seeing as they beat me on my own water.

I know Marc and Frank personally and they are great guys. You can take their post anyway you want. If you don't like what they have to write don't read it or block it.

As for the expensive gear. Everyone has there guilty pleasure. Cars, Stereo systems, cameras, alcohol, women, whatever it is. Why on fishing forum do people care so much how much other people spend on fishing gear?!?!? I'm a weekend angular with gear that's double the price of my boat. I buy it cause it's my hobby. I could care less for TV, Cars, etc. I spend as much time on the water as I can and enjoy the outdoors. I spend the money on the gear and i have confidence in it.
- Rick Ozga
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

almontefisher wrote: Sorry to hijack the thread on ya Smitty but it made me think about the regular joes who fish bass all the time with $40 combo's from CTC etc....like me!!
On that note, there's nothing wrong with that, I started tournament fishing in a 12' boat with old and used Saint croix mojo bass rods I bought from a guy in Montreal, 1990's finest Quantum reels which I still use today and look at me now.
We all start somewhere, I don't use CTC anything anymore, one reel imploded on itself while bringing in what might have been the biggest smally I've ever caught..
Of course during a tournament :roll: :roll: Lost the fish too :?

Oh and after one of the first tournaments I did in my tinny, I was sitting at a A&W after the event with my partner and RJ was sitting next to use; "Did you guys seriously fish out of that? on a day like today??"- First time I ever spoke to RJ..
It was a horrible day to be in a 12' boat... on a lake you don't know... I had to ask my partner to keep his lifejacket on ... :shock:

Why do I have a bass boat now? Because I bought what I could afford and I didn't want to pick the days I could go out and fish.. paid under 2000$ for that boat and I've had to work like a mother &@%^*! to build it.

Just for fun and to anyone that hasn't seen my boat here's a thread from BBC:
http://www.bbcboards.net/cajun-boats/32 ... cajun.html

Thread Jacking is what's best for this one... Honestly if it ends up getting nasty it'll get locked by our moderators and he'll be doing a lot of :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: and a few Facepalms.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Even on bad days we still brought in our limit.

But yes bad days do happen and will happen.

Gear and its cost has nothing to do with it.

The issue is people on here who like to insult each other. Let's be honest...team 28 should show the same modicum of respect on here as in text messages outside of here.

Tight lines guys!
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

I just got word from Paddletales. My Conquest is in. :wink:
Just can't waite to get my hands on it. 8)
I'll be at Paddletales tonight and pairing the conquest with a rod or two. :D

Our next stop on the "Pro Fishing Circuit" is the Franny. 8)
I'm hoping that we can catch at least 2 fish. :cry:
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

StarTzar wrote:I just got word from Paddletales. My Conquest is in. :wink:
Just can't waite to get my hands on it. 8)
I'll be at Paddletales tonight and pairing the conquest with a rod or two. :D

Our next stop on the "Pro Fishing Circuit" is the Franny. 8)
I'm hoping that we can catch at least 2 fish. :cry:
Lol, I can help you with that! But even two of the fish I have caught here in the last two weeks would not be bigger than the 4.99 you weighed in. !!!

I have a report coming on what I have been doing once I figure out why one of my pics are upside down...

Adam
CyrusG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CyrusG »

:lol:
Cy
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Wowzers. Despite the humour (good or bad) by the Dufours they've never sunk to this level. This may be the worst post I've ever seen on here, talk about jamming it down someones throat... :lol:

But TEAM 28 is now on ignore so all is ok.. :lol:

The way I see it they caught one fish for 4.99. Hell they were 4 more bites from winning at that point! :wink: :lol:

Take it with class boys, seems like you are.

RJ
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

RJ wrote:The way I see it they caught one fish for 4.99. Hell they were 4 more bites from winning at that point! :wink: :lol:
RJ
Seriously they might not have found a lot of fish, but they probably tumbled upon a big fish spot.
Paul Shibata
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Paul Shibata »

RJ wrote:Wowzers. Despite the humour (good or bad) by the Dufours they've never sunk to this level. This may be the worst post I've ever seen on here, talk about jamming it down someones throat... :lol:

But TEAM 28 is now on ignore so all is ok.. :lol:

The way I see it they caught one fish for 4.99. Hell they were 4 more bites from winning at that point! :wink: :lol:

Take it with class boys, seems like you are.

RJ
As always RJ, a great post.

I have said many times on the radio that we are blessed with abundant waters and phenomenal fisheries. We also have an equally great number of accomplished anglers as evidenced by some of the comments in this thread. The next Renegade event is an "open" and will feature in excess of $16,000.00 in cash plus almost $10,000.00 in contingency prizes thus providing a great opportunity for many of the anglers here to cash in on their skills. We sincerely hope to see you participate as we are confident that if you are new to competitive events you will soon be infected with the same tournament virus that has afflicted so many of us.

There is no shame in trying in fact I applaud those that do in the face of adversity. Courage is often described as the emotion that forces us to follow through with an action despite our fears, and our inherent insecurities, With several zeroes, many incomplete limits and even a failure to qualify after having won the Classic I can comfortably say that I speak with authority on less than stellar performances. Having a bad day is part of the process and something we come to expect if you have fished a sufficient number of events. In the fraternity of competitive anglers our knowledge and experience in the reality of "bad days" automatically has us sympathize for our brothers in arms realizing all to well that it will soon be us. More importantly we tend suspect that something must have happened when a team has a poor day. Perhaps it was motor failure, battery issues, or maybe a team had found giant fish and we're swinging for the fences which was the case for the Dufours. Speak to anyone with tournament experience and they will tell you that huge fish got big not by accident but in their abilities to break your heart and jump off when the money was on the line. This same group of competitors will also tell you that they are far more respectful of the individuals that find the courage to shoot for the win rather than fish the bank to save face and play it safe.

I know that I speak for so many experienced competitive anglers that have had great days and terrible ones to say that Frank and MA have already learned some of the key lessons on their road to success. You'll never be great if you quit at the first sign of hardship but believing in your fish, your abilities and your desire to win will always earn respect. Mind you this was already done last year in their rookie season when they almost qualified for the Classic having fished only 4 out of five events in a field of 75 of the best bass anglers in Canada.

Effort, skill, and perseverance are but a few of the characteristics which earn our applause, interestingly ridiculing someone from the sidelines isn't one of them.

Heads high lads, the only shameful event would haven been to fish for safe 2-pounders and ignore the risky giants that could've made you heroes.
cndbasshunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cndbasshunter »

Wow....speechless.
BobbyJordan
Participant
Participant

Post by BobbyJordan »

Classy post Paul Shibata. Sorry to the Dufours for having to endure this insult after a disappointing weekend of fishing that I am sure they were already tearing themselves up about. Going into the weekend they were sitting pretty well and I know the feeling of having a plan not come together for you on tournament day. If you fish long enough there will come a day when things just don't go right and as good as the St. Lawrence can be, it can be equally bad and humble you real quick.

Given the competitive spirit of these guys I have no doubt they will learn from this weekend and become even better tournament anglers. I respect them for commiting to a series this year despite never having been out on the St.Lawrence in the past. Marc Antoine and Francois - keep your heads up. I'm now routing for you guys to come second at Franny (behind Stefan and I, of course), for some redemption....not redemption to the original poster but redemption to the fish on the river. Go get em!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Well there ya have it. Arguably the best bass fisherman of our generation Kevin VanDam donutted today on the Delaware River at the Bassmaster event. Chirp him on the Bassmaster forum Smitty.. :lol: :lol:

RJ