To Slave For Lakers. Report.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: To Slave For Lakers. Report.

Post by Moosebunk »

LiplessCrank wrote:I took the time to read through this like i do to every of your reports and all i can say is WOW :shock: , I've mentioned fish hawk to a few guys out on the water and tell them to check out your reports because i can't think of any that are better, I met Len a little while ago on the water and while he was showing me pics of monster pike i asked him if hes seen some of your reports, only to find out you were with him during that trip :lol:
Hey dood, thanks for that. Appreciated.....

Lenny and I hope to get into plenty more monsters in the future too.
Gord wrote:STUNNING!!!! :o :o :o
:D :D :D It's rare I even hear a peep outta ya anymore B-to-the-OWZOG, but when you do finally say something, you say it loud. :lol:
Eli wrote:Awesome all around. Small world man...four of us were camped on an island in the East Arm at the same time you were there :D

Did you go through the Narrows??? Were ya chase by any fires?

The coolest thing I got thinking about with the canoers on Slave was when I heard that most travel at night. It made perfect sense. The lake is 99% of the time calmer to dead flat, you're on the water and away from the evening and morning bugs, you've got 24 hours light, and when you're sleeping in your tents on shore you're doing it during the hot part of the day when the lake is kicking up more. Brilliance!!! Hope you had a great time Eli. The area is incredible and I did notice there are tonnes of spots you could pitch a tent.
zippyfx wrote:I was wondering what you were upto....
NO GOOD!!! :lol: April hardly any fishing at all. May hardly anything but fishing. June a little work, week in Moose Factory, some fishing. July... this trip, the Honey-Do list and Nipigon. It never ends. This month I gotta buckle down and pay for it all plus chill with my girls, cause early September is back to fishing. :lol: If not around here much, you can pretty well guess what's going down. :lol:
mb_fishing wrote:Although the fish in your reports are great I love the pictures of the landscapes even more...this really brings life into your reports. (The stromatolites images in this report were amazing!) Would be great if you could share photo details occasionally...shutter speed/aperture etc. as you are truly mastering this aspect.
Thanks... but for the techy camera stuff I really don't pay much attention at all. Really just a point and shoot photographer, pretty well always have the camera on an auto setting unless wanting manual, macro or something else that fits the bill. Last year I did buy my father's Nikon D40 off him, so with this camera I'm getting a whole new kinda awesome out of the photos. EXCEPT... with self-timer shots in close range???
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Wanted to add more pics that didn't make the report... and this video sent to me last night with the Lodge owner explaining the fire situation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyVnQ_W ... e=youtu.be

Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Amazing report and pics Drew
The stuff of dreams, made and realized, and each trip making more again. Humbling to be catching fish that most surely lived before your birth.
NMG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by NMG »

Just incredible, I'm in awe. That's one of my bucket list trips and I'll get up there one day. Thanks for sharing!
Dcaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dcaster »

Wow, wow and wow.....So jealous.....

thanks for sharing another amazing report!

:handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

This made my day Bunk. Finally got a chance to read the entire thing. Thanks for sharing!!
Bassassins
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bassassins »

The kinda trip dreams are made of... Thank you for taking all of us with you!!!

Truly a wizard!
http://www.facebook.com/TheBassassins
Field Staff - FISHBUM Outfitters, Angler's Choice, Streamside
#ExistToFishCanada #LiveYourAdventure
jesse.page
Participant
Participant

Post by jesse.page »

Trip of a lifetime.. Can't wait tell i have enough money saved up to go on a trip like this, thanks for sharing! :shock:
brufan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by brufan »

Simply awesome 'Bunk! Keep living life to it's fullest....and write more reports!
;)
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Thanks again gents. 8)
brufan wrote:Keep living life to it's fullest....and write more reports! ;)
That's what it's all about man! You nailed it. :D