Good walleye fishing around arnprior, calabogie area

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BigBurns
Participant
Participant

Good walleye fishing around arnprior, calabogie area

Post by BigBurns »

Hello fellow fishermen,
I've been looking for a nice lake to do some walleye fishing in around the arnprior calabogie area that had a public boat access, I've been on the madawaska many times and not had the greatest luck, I heard the calabogie lake has some good eyes in it, was reading some things about bagot long lake as we'll, any suggestion or hidden gems out there??
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Good walleye fishing around arnprior, calabogie area

Post by smitty55 »

I know some guys that do quite well fishing the headpond for Walleye so you may want to try different spots and techniques. As for Calabogie, I've always heard that it was a hard fish there with a bit better action evenings and nights after boat traffic has died down. White Lake is another place to try.
IMO your best fishing by far would be the Ottawa River, with lots of other incidental catches possible.

I see this is your first post. Welcome to the site. Good luck with it.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

Our Club fish yesterday, "Ottawa Region Walleye League" had a great day on Black Donald/Centenial many nice eyes caught .. biggest was a 22incher
Watch your regs though you could be fishing in 3 zones ..... Ottawa river zone 12 ..... White Lake zone 18 .... Boggie is in 15 8)
OFAH Zone F 1st Vice Chair
Dcaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dcaster »

I second the river, even though you asked about lakes.

But if you really want a lake I'd suggest lake clear........near Eganville.....a little out of the way and maybe a little busy but awesome fishery for wally's and many others.