Icast

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
drake691
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Icast

Post by drake691 »

Has anyone been following what has been coming out?? I can't wait for the new Lew's reels, Lucky Craft offering baits in the $10.99 range and Livingstons new topwaters
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Icast

Post by lape0019 »

I wasn't too impressed with the new offerings this year. The lew's lite looks like a nice reel but I guess I will have to let others check them out and report. I am not leaving shimano any time soon.

The Calcutta Conquest on North American soil is pretty cool but a little out of my price range. And I do like the concept of Minnkota's new Ulterra motor. Automatic stow and deploy will help a lot of people out. It is also linked with ipilot. The price tag of $2000 might throw some people off though...
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

I was at ICast this year and although there was no earthshattering new stuff, there was lots to keep our interest. The Conquest is an outstanding reel but not priced for the faint of heart. Shimano hit a home run with the newly designed Crucials. Some new baits will be coming in from Jackal, V & M, Megabass, and a host of others. Also some cool new gadgets.

I will get a report up on the Paddletales facebook page as soon as I get some juice back in my camera battery.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
drake691
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by drake691 »

I like that 13 Fishing will now allow you to customize a Concept reel
cbanford
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cbanford »

The company I work for Smartbaits was there. Best thing about them is the are 100% Canadian family owned and operated. So local it's in brockville. They make both hard and soft baits, including senkos,creatures,drop shots,frogs,finess and 10" worms,swimbaits,crank and jerk baits just to name a few. They are soon to add all kinds of new product and colors. They also sponsor the shootoutseries, and many anglers have already been given a small taste of the product. It will soon be in some of our local tackle shops.

Sure hope they make a go of it, because it would be nice to see a company this local to us all succeed.

Check out the product at www.smartbaits.net

And feel free to chat about it to me at any shootout event, I'm sure I could round you up a sample or two! or email me at cory@smartbaits.net
MichaelGA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MichaelGA »

Nice to see more local companies... will have to check them out.