Rideau river levels

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Rideau river levels

Post by tbone1088 »

I tried my luck at musky on saturday at carleton university on the rideau river. Big ole skunkaroo, no follows or anything at all. I even walked from the otrain bridge all the way down to windsor park!(just after billings bridge) Not even a whiff of a fish. The rideau river water is like I feared, very VERY high still and muddy, so you shore fisherman might want to avoid this section for at least a couple more weeks to let it calm down a bit. I will try one more spot on saturday for the bass opener, its on the rideau and isn't as affected by runoff as the other spots I go, will post my report when I get back. If anyone here fishes the new edinburgh park/ montreal road bridge section of the rideau can you let me know what the levels are like there???
Streamside88
Participant
Participant

Re: Rideau river levels

Post by Streamside88 »

went out the other day got skunked.... using worms under bober while casting spoons and cranks NADA.....
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Streamside88 wrote:went out the other day got skunked.... using worms under bober while casting spoons and cranks NADA.....
I hope there were two of you. Just saying...

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Streamside88
Participant
Participant

Post by Streamside88 »

my son was with me.... hes in charge of keeping en eye on the bobber
campnfish
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by campnfish »

I work right by Carleton U, fish on my lunch hour actually :)

You'd probably have better luck in the canal from Hogsback to the Carleton U locks.
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tbone1088 »

Lol you just named my spot for the weekend... hush hush ;) It's the best spot I know of when the water is high and muddy, the fish don't seem affected by it in that area. Will post my pics soon after I go on saturday, good luck to everyone fishing this weekend.
The Don
Participant
Participant

Post by The Don »

I have been out Musky fishing 4 times now on the Rideau.....Finding the whole system is high with Cloudy & muddy water (Even for the Rideau) and the bite, well its off or just not there...........Having said that we managed to get one in the boat on Sunday the 8th ............
Attachments
Musky June 8th
Musky June 8th
June 8th 2.jpg (109.9 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tbone1088 »

nice fish bro!! That's a bruiser man good job, wish I had a boat to go after those kongs!!!