Voting today

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
gatekeeper
Participant
Participant

Voting today

Post by gatekeeper »

Everyone get out & vote today!A GREAT MANY Men & Boys sacrificed their lives so we can Fish,Hunt, walk streets without having to show I.D. to move about,etc.Even If you don't like Any of the candidates at least take time to either register and hand back unused ballot or spoil it. WE must remember these rights were hard earned!!
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Voting today

Post by almontefisher »

Well said GK. And remember folks if you dont vote you cant complain about anything for 4 years ( or 6 months if it is a minority vote again). This is a right we are given that can affect us all greatly. Whether PC, Lib, NDP, Green or Marijuana party please vote. There is talk that it will be under 50% attendance for voting. That is a sad state of affairs if there is anything less than that number. It basically means we as a people do not care about our rights and freedoms. You can say there is not a worthy candidate and there may not be but still use your democratic powers and vote. It takes only a minute but could mean a lot more if you dont
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
MuskieWannabe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieWannabe »

Whatever happend to the days when people were engaged by a leader and actually wanted to, not only vote, but pay attention and listen and feel as though what mattered to them actually mattered to the politicians as well? Sad state of affairs indeed between all of the parties. I think we need that engaging and provacative person to lead a party, any pary just so we can all pay attention. I will be voting but I feel as my decisions are similar to trying to choose between death by stabbing or gun shot, either way it will be painful and the result is utter death!
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

MuskieWannabe wrote:Whatever happend to the days when people were engaged by a leader and actually wanted to, not only vote, but pay attention and listen and feel as though what mattered to them actually mattered to the politicians as well?

Bob Rae, Mike Harris, DumDum Mcsquinty,Timbits Hudak, Andrea Horwath thats what happened!
I could never vote for a party that would field Alex Cullen as a candidate.
The Tom Green Party has no clue

The only party I would ever vote for was the Rhino Party. The only party that vowed if elected they would not sit.
Even the Marxist -Leninist party is not the same.

I gues I will need a dart board to decide.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

CN wrote:
MuskieWannabe wrote:Whatever happend to the days when people were engaged by a leader and actually wanted to, not only vote, but pay attention and listen and feel as though what mattered to them actually mattered to the politicians as well?

Bob Rae, Mike Harris, DumDum Mcsquinty,Timbits Hudak, Andrea Horwath thats what happened!
I could never vote for a party that would field Alex Cullen as a candidate.
The Tom Green Party has no clue

The only party I would ever vote for was the Rhino Party. The only party that vowed if elected they would not sit.
Even the Marxist -Leninist party is not the same.

I gues I will need a dart board to decide.

And six beer to make the throwing of the darts less painful. When I was younger I had asperations to be a politician as I felt there was a need soon for someone who did not fill the bucket with crap and who actually cared for their riding and not the awesome paycheck. Maybe I should get back into this thing so maybe we can have someone who cares about what they say they will do. Peter Brennan for 2018??? Sort of sounds nice!
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
MuskieWannabe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieWannabe »

I think the same thing Peter, one day when I am bit older I would totally love to run although unless the parties all change I would have to start my own; a true centrist party would win hands down and be the best for everyone, imo.
MichaelGA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MichaelGA »

I'll help organize if you start a centralist party... the current batch are beyond redemption.
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

I'm in
gatekeeper
Participant
Participant

Post by gatekeeper »

Win,(no pun intended)lose or draw,congratulations to those who took time out of their "Busy" schedules to exercise their democratic right! Now go out there and Fish,Fish,Fish!!!