Share a seat post.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Share a seat post.

Post by Kerrazy »

Hey fellow Anglers,
How about a share a seat post, for those who are either shore bound or those who may just wish to have some company and learn some new things.

Of course proper boat etiquette prevails. A few simple golden rules to abide by:
1. Be sure to offer to assist with fuel and consumables, be it bait or snacks
2. Not a taxi service, so be on time with gear at point of launch
3. Don't assume boat owner has a PFD for your use, take care of your self
4. Ask if there are any things you should be aware of while on their boat ( ie. smoking, crumbs from messy snacks)
5. Always take your trash with you, and help with removing gear when trip is over.
6. Do you or your fishing partner have any medical conditions, such as allergic reaction to be stings, or diabetes, and if so are there items with them so you may assist in an emergency.
Edited as per Almonte's contribution (clearly he has historical data)
7. Do not out fish your host. If you find your numbers are getting close to theirs, take one for the team and cut your line. And then fish without hooks.
8. During photos, be sure to hold his fish considerably closer to the camera, and be sure yours seem considerably smaller.
Have an awesome summer on the water, hope we can mix it up a bit! Put some faces to some names.

Cheers,
Kerrazy.
Btw, I do not have a boat currently, so I am not offering a seat to share.
Last edited by Kerrazy on Fri May 23, 2014 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Share a seat post.

Post by almontefisher »

You forgot rule # 7 Kerr....#7 - Do not out fish the guy that has taken you out in his boat unless you want to swim back to the launch! :lol:
or # 8 - If you do end up swimming back to launch don't go home and post all the pics of your days catch on a fishing forum and say that buddy was outfished!!
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

I dunno guys.

I personally would not want to fish with anyone who would get mad if outfished.

It happens. Its life.

If you get upset over something as trivial as that you need to get L@!D
MTF
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MTF »

#9 - Don't go and share the host's fishing spots that they were nice enough to bring you to on a public forum. Been burned on this one and it has kind of soured me on the idea of offering seats to strangers unless I'm fishing a well known spot like Shirley's Bay.
Wishing I was fishing
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

MTF,

I agree, I took someone to a musky spot and then saw a plethora of pics of them with others in that spot :?

However, I too my fiancee out to that spot when we 1st started dating. She casually mentions to me that the farmland surrounding it is owned by her mother and her partner.... :shock:

Nice to know we can go there ANYTIME to fish from shore too! :D
Lvace
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Lvace »

Another point to add, make sure you have your fishing license and that you are legally able to fish in whatever province/zone that your boat operated is bringing you!
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scarkner »

If anyone is enjoying the camping at Silver Lake Provincial campground this summer (or any other spot on Silver Lake), but wants to get out in my crappy (that's Crappy not Crappie) fishing boat... let me know. I have a cottage on the lake and if I am there at that time, I would be happy to take any shore-bound Fish-Hawkers out for a tour of the lake and some fishing.

Just send me a PM a few days before.

I fish for lake trout, bass and pike.
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

Heading for a little paddle this morning on baie mclaurin and wouldn't mind some company if someone would care to go for a paddle and fish.
Pm me if interested. Likely wanna be on the water around 11:30-12 ish for a few hours.
Kerrazy
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

#10 No bananas!!

If anyone is ever looking to get out let me know, I am often looking for 1 or 2 guys to fill seats in my boat, since most of my fishing buddies have their own boats. Usually post open seats a few times in the fall for the Bay of Quinte, but often forget to post for quick trips out locally. I fish bass, walleye and lake trout a bit locally as well as troll a bit on Lake Ontario and Bay of Quinte for salmon/trout and walleye.

JimW
Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Administrator
Smiths Falls DCI REDHAWKS Fishing Team Coach
A big thanks to all the companies that support my fishing adventures.
https://linktr.ee/jim.wilson.fishing
https://www.facebook.com/jim.wilson.fishing