Boaters Licence

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Boaters Licence

Post by fishin mission »

ok so this morning a guy i know shows me his new boating license he got it without studying one second or taking the test WTF is this the way it works if you have friends in the business you don't have to take a test?????? Oh and by the way his wife got it too not one ounce of studying or taking the test. I think this is Bull $hit and everyone should have to pass the test. What a big scam it is! :shock: :shock: :shock:
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Boaters Licence

Post by zippyfx »

Nothing you can do to stop unethical licence issuers except report them.

Even the regular booths that are setup will guarantee you don't leave without a licence, I am sure they fudge some of the results but as you say atleast they people get through most of the information on their own.
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

The Canadian boat operators card always has been a joke.

Always wondered why as Canadian's we singled ourselves out. Canadian citizens are the only people on the planet that are required by law to have a boat operators card in order to operate a powered vessel in Canadian waters. Anyone else can just get in and go.

Why can you rent a boat and not need one, just need to go over a 12 point safety card with the rental operator and away you go.
Lvace
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Lvace »

Just like the drive clean its a money grab.... Just another way for our wonderful government to steal our hard urn ed cash :evil:
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Make sure you have it on you while on the water too fellas. The fine is $305. Ouch!

RJ
CSI-WALLEYE
Participant
Participant

Post by CSI-WALLEYE »

Does the fact that everyone is carrying this card really make you feel safer on the ware? I wonder statistically if there has been any reduction in boat related accidents and incidents?
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

In my opinion nothing has changed still see the retards ever summer.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

fishin mission wrote:In my opinion nothing has changed still see the retards ever summer.
I agree with you on this one. It is just like the roadways though. Anyone can get a licence and pass a driver’s test but that doesn't mean that is how they will always drive.

I think that the boaters card was a good concept, but without cracking down on how people drive instead of ensuring they know the rules, it won't get any better. There will always be people driving like they are privileged and not respecting the rules or other peoples safety.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Ice yearlong would most definitely alleviate this predicament……Sike!
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

Ice yearlong would most definitely alleviate this predicament……Sike!
so if this was the case you would be fishing in your bathtub Maverick....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Roblin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Roblin »

That's why the guy's who flog these courses are always grinning, a captive market. You have to have it, so they'll give it to you guaranteed, for a price. Everything is on the up and up. wink,wink,nudge,nudge. Money in the bank and the Government enforces the need for their product. I knew of one outlet that was giving out licences for $90.00. No study, no fail.

I studied for mine and took the test at the local Power Squadron. There weren't any pictures of the bouys or markers, just descriptions. I had practiced looking at pictures and assumed the test would have the same pictures.

I passed OK but I did some work for it.
campnfish
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by campnfish »

Registered my boat in the GF's name - different last names. I 'rent' my boat from her for $1 / 90 days (max allowable I think). We fill out the boat rental safety checklist, keep it in a ziploc freezer bag with the boat. The trailer is still in my Dad's name from when he gave it to me! Why pay the government to change the registration?

The boater's license is a joke and does nothing to keep the yahoos off the water. I refuse to get one. Fairly certain my 'creative rental contract' keeps me legal. This sham will hopefully go the way of the gun registry when someone wakes up and realizes how corrupt the system has become.

I'd like to see them stop me in my sportspal with the 1.5hp.....lawnmowers have more power ffs.
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

campnfish wrote:Registered my boat in the GF's name - different last names. I 'rent' my boat from her for $1 / 90 days (max allowable I think). We fill out the boat rental safety checklist, keep it in a ziploc freezer bag with the boat. The trailer is still in my Dad's name from when he gave it to me! Why pay the government to change the registration?

The boater's license is a joke and does nothing to keep the yahoos off the water. I refuse to get one. Fairly certain my 'creative rental contract' keeps me legal. This sham will hopefully go the way of the gun registry when someone wakes up and realizes how corrupt the system has become.

I'd like to see them stop me in my sportspal with the 1.5hp.....lawnmowers have more power ffs.
Sounds ok to me.

Just make sure you have all the required safety gear, cause you can be sure that the OPP are going to test every inch of your 50' of floating tow line.
campnfish
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by campnfish »

haha yeah I know whipping it out would be a ballsy play, but I would only if the cop started to be a dick. If he was cool, realizes that you don't harass the fishermen etc, then there's no need.