What are your fishing plans for closing weekend

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

What are your fishing plans for closing weekend

Post by fishin mission »

Just wondering since it's the closing weekend for fishing where everyone is planning to go fishing and what species are you going to target.
Myself i will probably do one day at Muskrat and see if i can get into some Lakers and finish off on the Ottawa river for some Walleyes near Rockland.

Good Luck to everyone getting out this weekend fish hard and you will be rewarded!
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Re: What are your fishing plans for closing weekend

Post by Gord »

Closing weekend? :lol: ......only if you're targeting walleye and pike. Lakers, splake, brookies, rainbows, perch, crappie and sunfish are all fair game......but, read the regs before you go...... :wink:
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

that's what i meant closing for pike and walleye and yes they are fair game i will probably still target Lakers and crappies after the 31st.
Walleye'm Fishing
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Casting..................... in your NOT SO SECRET spot.

Post by Walleye'm Fishing »

It's all about walleye for me from here 'till the 31st.
Walleye'm fishing, you're sleeping.
CSI-WALLEYE
Participant
Participant

Post by CSI-WALLEYE »

I closed out the season at Lake Wabamun near Edmonton in Alberta. It is a good pike lake. This was my biggest of the day. Got it on an 8 inch herring under a bobber. She gave a great fight and was safely released to fight another day. The blood was from the mouth not the gills.
Attachments
RICKSURFACE - Pike 2014.png
RICKSURFACE - Pike 2014.png (2.91 MiB) Viewed 1472 times
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

Funny you say that i used to fish lake Wabamun all the time in the winter as the power plant shoots out warm water and we used to open water fish all winter
and yes there are big girls in that lake. They had that train derailment a few years ago i'm not sure what that did to the fish population but it was one of my favorite spots to pike fish! :D
Pepe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Pepe »

Hey "Fishin Mission" and "CSI-Walleye": beauty pike. I also used to fish Wabamun when I was posted to Edmonton in the late 90's. We used to ice fish one area, then bobber fish the canal flows on the same days. On calm, sunny days it was great to see all the pike in the shallows "rolling" on each other. I hope it's still a great lake.
CSI-WALLEYE
Participant
Participant

Post by CSI-WALLEYE »

Hey guys,

There was an oil spill at Wabamun about 7 years ago and the lake has been set at a zero limit for all species. It was the best thing that could have happened. All species have bounced back and it is now a trophy pike fishery. I have had days where my arms actually get tired from fighting good sized pike. It is great having this fishery so close to a large city. So far, because of the zero limit the pressure has stayed low. How is the Ottawa River for pike?