Poachers, what to do?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Poachers, what to do?

Post by RJ »

Great to hear you got a response the QMNR. That's about all you can do.

Mudpuppies are endangered and must be released immediately. Just ask the idiot at Petrie who was nailing them to his shack about that fine... :lol:

Ling are a blast to catch, I've yet to eat one but have only heard good things.

RJ
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

http://www.ontarionature.org/protect/sp ... dpuppy.php

RJ i found this article and it contradicts what your saying about the mud puppy being an endangered species.????? :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
I think there the ugliest thing you can catch fishing i hope i never get one.
avidangler
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by avidangler »

Mudpuppies are not endangered, in fact their population as a whole is quite healthy. However that doesn't make leaving it on the ice any less of a selfish, ignorant or illegal act. I hope they're caught and fined. It really illustrates in my opinion the mentality of some people and why conservation officers are so important.
Money can't buy you happiness but it can buy you fishing gear and that's kinda the same thing.
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

If i catch any Avidangler i will fillet them and you can eat them !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
avidangler
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by avidangler »

Haha I'll pass on the mudpuppy but would consider giving ling a shot in the dinner category.
Money can't buy you happiness but it can buy you fishing gear and that's kinda the same thing.
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

Had a conversation today with a guy that caught and ate a 15lb ling in Alberta. The Alberta record is 16.5 lbs....That thing was massive. I would LOVE to catch one of those.
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

By the way, I still haven't figured out who is doing it because a lot of guys fish there. I found a ten inch walleye frozen on the ice. And I also found another ling. The thing had to be 2.5lbs.

I haven't crossed the game wardens at the marina but then again I haven't been fishing there.
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.
Valleyboy
Participant
Participant

Freshwater Ling Cod and Wes's Fries

Post by Valleyboy »

English Fish & Chips = Atlantic Codfish (Saltwater salty) and Fries

The Ling is called the Lingcod = Freshwater Codfish

Catch one. Fillet it. Cut it up into fish and chip sized portions. Soak it in buttermilk overnight. Make a delicious beer batter with your favourite ale ( Labatt 50 perhaps). Deep fry till golden brown. Make sure to get the old lady to pick up a family size of Wes's Fries as your deep frying. Fish and Chips right off the land.

Tell me it's no good. I dare you. Take the Ling Cod Challenge and don't forget to tip Wes!

Michabo provides!