ice fishing Arnprior

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
poffer39
Participant
Participant

ice fishing Arnprior

Post by poffer39 »

New to Arnprior and just wondering where they put there ice shacks out on the river?
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: ice fishing Arnprior

Post by BradGuenette »

Boat launch in Braeside is a popular spot, but I prefer along the river right down Division St.
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
poffer39
Participant
Participant

Post by poffer39 »

Know if anybody's put there's out yet?
OntarioRider
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by OntarioRider »

I had limited success on Madawaska in Arnprior. Caught a walleye last winter.
Going to try again this winter. Have a shelter this year to make it more comfortable when temps drop during the "bite".
MichaelGA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MichaelGA »

I'd suggest White Lake for a place to start - good ice lots of fish (although you'll eventually get annoyed with all the suicidal LMB that won't leave your lures alone)

Walleye are respectable size - some giant pike and even a few Muskies. Perch are good also but sometimes hard to find as they travel in schools and the lake is very spread out.

Cedar Cove allows day parking and for 5$ they'll let you park right at the boat launch so no lugging your stuff across roads and lots.

Head out to the huts halfway across the cove or head to the east for a bit deeper of a hole.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

MichaelGA wrote:I'd suggest White Lake for a place to start - good ice lots of fish (although you'll eventually get annoyed with all the suicidal LMB that won't leave your lures alone)

Walleye are respectable size - some giant pike and even a few Muskies. Perch are good also but sometimes hard to find as they travel in schools and the lake is very spread out.

Cedar Cove allows day parking and for 5$ they'll let you park right at the boat launch so no lugging your stuff across roads and lots.

Head out to the huts halfway across the cove or head to the east for a bit deeper of a hole.
Muskie?? I know they stocked the lake many, many years back but I've never heard of anyone catching one.
A good friend of mines brother bought Cedar Cove a few years back and after the fire the lodge has been rebuilt and upgraded big time. The restaurant is getting a great reputation for good food. The owner's son runs the ice shacks in the winter and you can even get pizza delivered to the shack. Hard to beat that. Lots of good structure to fish all over the lake as well.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Wolfy
Participant
Participant

Post by Wolfy »

Hey Brad,

we'll have to get out this winter, and you can show me this good spot off Division St. lol

See ya on the ice!!
Climber2k
Participant
Participant

Post by Climber2k »

There is also access off of neilson st(off of usborne) . The access off Division is Mulvihill I didn't know about that one.
The prior seems to be the last to freeze . I was out the neilson way yesterday, the ice is relatively good however lots of slush around tho so still not great for parking. I have never had much success out this way in winter. Far better in the summer. But I am new to the ice fishing.
Only stupid people are breeding
MichaelGA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MichaelGA »

Mulvihill is that a typo or just not in my GPS?

Only shows a drugstore in the center of town...

TIA
Climber2k
Participant
Participant

Post by Climber2k »

Its called mulvihill st but it looks like it doesnt reallyexist. It is at the end of sleepy pines just follow division st to the water in google maps you'll see where it is.
Relic
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Relic »

Come March 1st that are at the end of Sleepy Pines is within a sanctuary. Just an fyi in case ya's didn't know.
MichaelGA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MichaelGA »

Thanks Climber got it now !

Much appreciated
Climber2k
Participant
Participant

Post by Climber2k »

Yes, the sanctuary goes from dochart cr to the lighthouse and then follows the boundary to the cnr bridge at lavergne point. Funnily enough the quebec side does not have a sanctuary.
most people put their shacks in at red pine bay(boat launch) and neilson st. I took a look today and it is a wet slushy mess... two huts out but they are only in 2 feet of water/ice. Hopefully once it cools down tonite the fishing can start out our end as well.