Bay of Quinte Nov 16th

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bay of Quinte Nov 16th

Post by JimW »

Well I finally made it down for my first trip of the fall. My fishing partners met me early, early Saturday morning and we left my place shortly after 2 am and headed to Quinte, arriving in Picton around 5 am. Launched the boat and after a quick chat with a few of the guys at the dock, we made out way out in the dark. We headed East of the ferry and were trolling by shortly after 6am.

We marked decent fish but couple not get any taker, we continued on and after communitcating with a few guys out there, switched up a few things in our rod spread, we had a couple hits but the fish didn't stick.

With no fish yet we pulled our gear early in the afternoon and ran futher east to near Pryners. After working the area for a short time we finally get our first walleye (6.5 pounds) of the day around 3 pm. This was my new fishing buddy (reponded to open seat offer), Thuy (ttran), first walleye in his life, not a bad first.

Shortly after our first walleye my buddy, Scott, was up and landed and nice looking eye around 7 pounds.

We didn't find any of Quinte's 10+ pound eyes this trip but a couple of decent eyes for our first trip.

I personally did not catch any walleye this trip but I did land a nice little bonus fish, earlier in the dy before we caught our walleye. I was running a dipsey diver on one rod just for something different, I had just brought the line in to change the lure and had set it back out running with only 100 feet of line. After few minutes after to dipsey rod takes a good hit..... fish one, it was actually fighting very hard so I know it was not a walleye, I was thinking a bog sheephead, after a good battle, with lots of head shakes. We land the fish and after a few pictures she swims away.

A nice little 17+ pound lake trout. Not too bad of a bonus fish. My personal best take trout.

All in all a decent day for our first trip, a few nice fish, awesome weather and good company.

Back down in 2 weeks for a weekend trip, can't wait!!

JimW
Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Administrator
Smiths Falls DCI REDHAWKS Fishing Team Coach
A big thanks to all the companies that support my fishing adventures.
https://linktr.ee/jim.wilson.fishing
https://www.facebook.com/jim.wilson.fishing
nathan.barnard
Participant
Participant

Re: Bay of Quinte Nov 16th

Post by nathan.barnard »

Nice fish. I heard from a few friends who were out on Quinte yesterday and had a tough day (all smaller fish in low number)
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

Nice fish!

a 6 lb walley as a first is one way to set the bar high and set yourself up for disapointment in the comming years ;)

Nice laker!

I will be on the BoQ on Friday I hope we get some action.
TTranv
Participant
Participant

Post by TTranv »

Thanks again for the trip Jim, it was a really nice day to fish and hang out with other fish hawkers.
Definitely didn't think I was going to be fishing in November to get my first walleye!
EagleEyesFlash
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by EagleEyesFlash »

Nice eyes , and a wicked laker.
You really have me drooling over that laker, nice catch !
Really enjoyed the trip with you last year . You seem to do well
with the surprise bonus fish.
Thought I saw you out near Lake Ontario, you recognized my piece of plastic ? :D
Snag or Fish , Weed or Fish , Oh Fish On
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

Thanks EEF,

Yes we were out past the gap near Lake O. for a bit. Is your yak yellow?

Jim

EagleEyesFlash wrote:Nice eyes , and a wicked laker.
You really have me drooling over that laker, nice catch !
Really enjoyed the trip with you last year . You seem to do well
with the surprise bonus fish.
Thought I saw you out near Lake Ontario, you recognized my piece of plastic ? :D
Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Administrator
Smiths Falls DCI REDHAWKS Fishing Team Coach
A big thanks to all the companies that support my fishing adventures.
https://linktr.ee/jim.wilson.fishing
https://www.facebook.com/jim.wilson.fishing
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

Awesome Laker Jim, congrats getting your guest on his first Walleye :D
OFAH Zone F 1st Vice Chair
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

zippyfx wrote:Na 6 lb walley as a first is one way to set the bar high and set yourself up for disapointment in the comming years ;)

I was thinking the same thing... may as well just stick to fishing the BOQ from now on... everywhere else is going to hold "small" walleye.

E