Half Moon Bay?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
SakranMM
Participant
Participant

Half Moon Bay?

Post by SakranMM »

Anyone have any luck here...in Barrhaven/Ottawa?

It seems like it might be a good spot, but I'm a little concerned that the run-off from the new subdivisions in the area may have spoiled any fishing that may be had there.
catfish25
Participant
Participant

Re: Half Moon Bay?

Post by catfish25 »

I did try there on pike opener there a few years back. I didn't catch anything mind you it was during the middle of the day. I did wade to the far side and covered a far bit of water I used a spinner bait and also a one eighth ounce jig and grub. Given how public that spot is, the fishing would probably be worse now. If people have had success at that spot most people won't publicly admit it in this form. Some one mentioned earlier in the year the far side of black rapids as a good fishing spot it used to be one of my hot spots but now it is fished out I waded around there fishing yesterday morning using live bait and didn't catch a thing compared to previous year where my and my friend had 20 plus fish outings. The same thing with deschence rapids. It the tragedy of the commons for each additional fish a person takes they get additional benefit but causes a negative externality on fishing for the rest us.
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

I've caught some decent walleye out of half moon bay. As for the rapids on the Rideau and Ottawa being fished out I'd have to say otherwise. I've fished duchenes rapids quite a few time this year, mostly swimming not even trying hard to fish and have caught some everytime. Could just be the weather or time of day as fish don't sit in one spot all year. As for Asians fishing them all out that's a bit ignorant. I am a white male so i am not offended by what was said but have seen plenty of white people breaking the rules too. I've never once caught anything at black rapids though.
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

And sorry to jack your thread SakranMM. Back to the topic. Hot pink husky jerk from shore by the tunnel thingy is where I got some nice eyes out of half moon. Would have been good eating size but something about eatin jock river eyes doesn't sit well with me. Would have been even better if i had my waders. Caught some nice bass a little further downriver from there too. Haven't gotten any pike in this stretch, catch them near the eagleson stretch of river. Haven't fished there for a year or so tho so not sure how the developments are affecting it. They were building around there when I got them though.
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

Please keep the racial comments out.

Code of Conduct Section 1.4

Messages will not contain any racial or stereotypical comments aimed at people or groups of people, either directly or indirectly. If there is any question whether a message may be construed as offensive in any way, the administration of this board will act at their discretion, and it may be subject to editing or deletion.