Best fishing of the year

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BigC
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Best fishing of the year

Post by BigC »

Spent the last couple days up at the cottage, well time share. If it has plasmas in 3 rooms and maid service hard to call it a cottage...

This is where I become Uncle Fish. If we're not at the beach I'm being hounded to go fishing by one if not all of the little ones. We pretty much only shore fish though this year I tried my luck out of a yak and a little portable row boat that they had up there. Need more practise in the yak but did ok in the row boat.

This is the third year now so the kids pretty much have it down, all but my little Grace will bait hooks, remove fish and cast with at least looking to see if someone is behind them first.

This year the water was up and down and fishing when it was up was the key.

Zoey my oldest seemed hung up on getting a "PB" this year....not sure where she got that from. :roll:

She was more than glad to help her cousin with the hook removal at times.

Smallies won the day with Izak getting the PB Zoey so wanted, can't all be PB days I said.

Lots of perch and sunfish were caught and put in the "livewell" for a couple minutes. :oops:

Grace seems to love the casting and waiting part of fishing, but for some reason the second she sees that fish she's gone...

I did get a chance to make some casts and caught what they called a "monster" their words not mine, but I did let them run with it.

Also got out alone once or twice.

So long story long, it's always fun (and a little stressful) to fish with a group of little anglers, I look forward to it every year more and more.
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Best fishing of the year

Post by ShawnD »

Very cool.
Nice pike to boot!
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
lifeisfun
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lifeisfun »

Very nice!
I was wondering how come I don't see you around ;)
100% (C)atch (P)hoto (R)elease
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Looked like a good time was had by all!
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

As I have said on a couple other threads, make the most of your time with the kids while they are still interested. Soon enough they will grow up and not be interested in fishing at all. :(

Doug