Lake Clear near Eganville. ON

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
FishToLive
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Lake Clear near Eganville. ON

Post by FishToLive »

Where are the public boat launches? Are there any accessible facilities (for the misses) ie: at one of the launch, a restaurant or something,...

Thinking of going for a day trip...

From what I found, this lake has bass & pike, is this accurate???
IgglesD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Lake Clear near Eganville. ON

Post by IgglesD »

There is one at Opeoongo Mountain Resort on Lake Clear Road, i beleive there is a small fee if you plan to park vehicle/trailer.
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

It's only $5 to launch & park, restaurant MAY be open, 'facilities' (flush, even! :shock: ) are available. :wink: :lol: :lol:
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

Cyber wrote:It's only $5 to launch & park, restaurant MAY be open, 'facilities' (flush, even! :shock: ) are available. :wink: :lol: :lol:

just to make things clear. The charge is only to park, the launch is free to use because it is public.
Fisherman are the biggest liars.
Fisherman_and_fisherboy
Participant
Participant

Post by Fisherman_and_fisherboy »

Opeongo Mountain Resort is a great place for smallmouth and walleye. The water is so crystal clear it is easy to site fish jigging 30ft+ down. Ask the people when you pay for parking for a map. When you launch go straight past Cherry Island I think to the next one and on the right there is a great swimming spot that you can jump from and gets deep quick. A lot of huge rocks and gets shallow quick around the islands so be careful with your motor.

When you launch and go left past the island to the mouth of the creek there are some large mouth and big perch.
My son and I found that live crayfish caught on site near the launch at the bridge or berkley gulp leeches. Go there ready to fish colours for crystal clear waters. You can also buy worms on site as well.

Hope this info was helpful
Catch it, Record it, Release it, Repeat it