Fishing Jerseys

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
DropShot’r
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Fishing Jerseys

Post by DropShot’r »

Got 2 questions for the board.

1. Have you ever considered getting a fishing jersey just to wear when you’re fishing, even though you’re not a tournament angler?

2. Would a non-tournament angler look like a dick for wearing one on a day of fishing?

I just love ’em, think they look so cool!! I have looked at several sources but never found the right one…that has just changed this week.

Thanks,
Steve
Dobyns Army member
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Fishing Jerseys

Post by lape0019 »

I have thought about it and may still do it.

I was looking heavily into the fishbum jersey a few months back but I have yet to commit. I like the looks of these types of shirts as well but really like the fact that atleast this one seems to be UPF rated which would mean it would cut down on the area of sunscreen I would have to apply to (Looking at a full armed jersey).

I also wouldn't mind having one made up with all of my favourite brands on it but don't really know where to start on getting the approvals required.
Bassassins
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bassassins »

We have a couple that we had made up by FISHBUM - just in case we do end up fishing a tournament at some point but have warn it on the water for other fishing days. Not all the time but on those really really hot days we like it covers from the sun but breaths like no other shirt we own. So the Bassassins opinion if its fun and practical have at it!
http://www.facebook.com/TheBassassins
Field Staff - FISHBUM Outfitters, Angler's Choice, Streamside
#ExistToFishCanada #LiveYourAdventure
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

I want to get one, just waiting on ordering a BASS one, light, comfy and some have SPF 30, why not!?
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

1. no

2. yes
cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cgates »

It's all about personal opinion, I have one that i just got this year and only wear it on tournament days but i also bring with me on fun fishing days and when pre-fishing because we can take pics
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

I say wear what ya like.

Lots of dudes riding yamahas and hondas that wear Harley shirts.....

Don't really see any difference..

Also, who cares what others think....If you like it, wear it,
Lvace
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Lvace »

If it functional and keeps you sunburn free and well ventilated then why not and if you like the look then more power to you!!!!
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

MLR wrote:1. no

2. yes

Yup!
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

1. No, I wouldn't.
2. I really don't care what others might wear, IMO a dick is a dick due to words and actions not a jersey

Lots of people wearing camo on the water which makes as much sense. And I have done that myself, since my best rainwear happens to be camo.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

lape0019 wrote:
I also wouldn't mind having one made up with all of my favourite brands on it but don't really know where to start on getting the approvals required.
Adam,
Don't worry about the approvals, most jersey companies already have a data base with approved logos. If it's one they don't carry or already have, only then do you need approval.

Stephen,
Since when do you care what people might think :wink: .....go for it, they look good!
Last edited by TheMaverick on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

RideauRiverSteve wrote:Got 2 questions for the board.

1. Have you ever considered getting a fishing jersey just to wear when you’re fishing, even though you’re not a tournament angler?

2. Would a non-tournament angler look like a dick for wearing one on a day of fishing?
1. Nope. Not really my scene Steve, but to each their own. Maybe I'd have a jersey done up that'd be completely tournament looking but then have nothing to do with fishing. :lol:

2. Not really a dick, just maybe a wannabe dick. :P :lol:

You have a shirt ya like, ya wear it. If it's a lucky one, ya wear it to death. :wink:
pasquini
Participant
Participant

Post by pasquini »

lape0019 wrote:I have thought about it and may still do it.

I was looking heavily into the fishbum jersey a few months back but I have yet to commit. I like the looks of these types of shirts as well but really like the fact that atleast this one seems to be UPF rated which would mean it would cut down on the area of sunscreen I would have to apply to (Looking at a full armed jersey).

Our fishing group is looking at having custom jerseys done. There was a thread on this site last year (which appears to have been lost in the site crash) which talked about a custom Fish Hawk jersey. In that thread there was talk of getting approvals to use registered Trade Marks or face possible litigation if somemone chose to make an issue out of it. We also got some preliminary pricing from 2 suppliers and they both wanted confirmation we had permission to use the Trade marks.

Using the "Contact Us" links on the various websites, we were able to obtain permission and approved artwork from the following companies with no problem or hassle,
Mercury, Princecraft, Minn Kota, Humminbird, Lowrance, Garmin, Navionics, St Croix, Berkley, Abu Garcia, Quantum and Shimano. In the email we confirmed that it was for our personal use and not for resale and we made no cliam on the rights and use of the logo.

1-off custom tournament jerseys are also pretty expensive. For 6 jerseys we were looking at about $150 each all in.

Hope this helps. Good luck
2010 Princecraft 182 Sport
Mercury 115hp 4-S
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Well... I know where I stand!!!!

Dick??

Ouch.

Not the first time and not the last time I will be called that.

I wear mine quite often. The Petawawa Bass Masters jersey is DA BOMB! It is the best shirt I have for fishing. Breathes, protects me from the sun, has a big bass on it and it has a frikken tank on it too!!!

Screw you guys, I am wearing my jersey! I wear it proudly too.

A dick is a guy who leave you hang...

Craig
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

It's all in the... :P :P :P and the :lol: :lol: :lol: 's.

Most of my shirts are beer shirts... :lol: