Carp, Gar and Bass Opener....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Carp, Gar and Bass Opener....

Post by RJ »

The last few weeks have been a blur and there is no let up in the next month. Loads of on the water time with friends, family and clients. A short recap.

Had a Father/Son combo out for Gar last week sometime, the trash talk was awesome between them.

The Dad took the lead for big fish early with this 48"er.

Dad was chirping the kid bad until the kid beat his best fish for the day by an inch with a 49"er. :lol: Then the tide turned!

Took Chevy and Mickey down to the Larry for day on the Carp. Needed a relaxing day on the banks! Well it wasn't very relaxing... :lol:

Great day it was down there, more pics of our day are here: http://www.rjnbirdeesoutdooradventures.ca/?p=1250

Birdee and I slid out for 3 hours on Saturday night for Bass opener. Total frog bite. The Jackall Iobee stole the show.

Into a long stretch of time on the water starting Wednesday. We only have a few dates available if anyone is looking to book a day on the water, drop us a line asap if interested!

RJ
fiiish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Carp, Gar and Bass Opener....

Post by fiiish »

Way to do it up on all fronts... Awesome stuff RJ & the gang! 8-)
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

What no crappie?? No walleye?

You aren't fishing hard enough.........
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

That is wicked putting those guys on some mean gar RJ. Nice job. I do know about the trash talk as my dad and I did that every outing. It added to the experience for sure. Now for Chevy and Mick...those boys are sure getting their fish on these days and species galour...good job boys on the carptastic fishing. The shots of you and birdie though...not impressed as they are the normal size you two catch every time out. I don't think I will be impressed unless you or Birdie get a 6lber next time...you have spoiled us with your bass the past few years RJ.

Cheers
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
DropShot’r
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DropShot’r »

Multi-species...multi-talented!!!

As always, well done Rob.

Steve.
Dobyns Army member
lifeisfun
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lifeisfun »

RJ, couple years ago when you posted somenice gar I thought that you are extremely lucky, now I know that you actually master at it :P
Awesome as usual!
100% (C)atch (P)hoto (R)elease
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Great job RJ....those gar look like they keep getting longer and longer each time I see one.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Apparently some dude was into a local taxidermist with a BIG gar a few weeks ago to have it weighed and certified....

My buddy was there looking at getting a turkey mount.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

almontefisher wrote: The shots of you and birdie though...not impressed as they are the normal size you two catch every time out. I don't think I will be impressed unless you or Birdie get a 6lber next time...you have spoiled us with your bass the past few years RJ.

Cheers
Sorry to disappoint Peter... :lol: :lol: You likely won't see many 6 lbers from me, I find myself fishing Bass less and less these days...

@Jimmy_1 I don't doubt it, lots of big fish around. I released one already this year that beat the record by over 2.5 lbs. I'm done chasing records, I've had a blast this spring seeing others reactions to these awesome fish once they come to the boat. The only issue I'm running into is when a friend or client catches a 50 plus inch fish they no longer even want to try to catch 45 inchers... :lol: I guess that's a good thing.

RJ
Popeye
Participant
Participant

Post by Popeye »

Nice gar pike! I have seen several in my area of fishing, but can never seem to get them on a hook. Any ideas as to how to get them to strike? What are you using? Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Thank you
i got worms
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by i got worms »

Awesome pile of fish there RJ!
I got 99 problems but a fish ain't one...
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

Some great fish RJ! We've seen lots of Gar on the Larry this year none close to that size! The Lobee is probably the best hollow body frog I've used, seems to stay upright, hooks fit the body & casts like a rocket like its smaller frame!
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!
brufan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by brufan »

Holy crap those are some nice fish RJ! Great report. I'll swap you a 6lbs+ smb outing on my lake for a 50+ inch gar outing on the Ottawa any time you are ready RJ!
Brufan