Seeking help via Private Message

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BrookieJunkie
Participant
Participant

Seeking help via Private Message

Post by BrookieJunkie »

As you can tell from my username, I am an obsessed trout fisherman. I don't fish for any other specie besides brook trout. Problem is, my brother in law is coming to the Ottawa area in a few weeks and he is a walleye freak. I know nothing about walleye fishing, nor do I know of any waters which hold this specie. The bro in law wants me to take him to a walleye lake. I own a 12' tinny with a small trolling motor. I'm not about to venture out onto any rivers with this outfit. Would anyone here on Fish-Hawk be willing to share a relatively small body of water (lake) where we can fish for walleye? If one is willing to divulge a lake for us via PM, I am more than willing to give back by divulging one of my brook trout lakes. I have dozens of great brook trout lakes so if you give me a great walleye lake, I'll be glad to do the same. On the flip side, if you just wanna give me a so so lake, again, I'll gladly return the favour.

Show me yours and I'll show you mine. :D
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Seeking help via Private Message

Post by smitty55 »

No pm required. While not "great" Walleye fishing, for a small tinny you could try Clayton/Taylor lake. Or maybe White Lake, but it does blow up more on windy days. Then there's always the Miss.
Good luck with it. Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Andy_L »

Dalhousie Lake would probably meet your needs too :)
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Rideau River/Jock River area in Richmond.

Small boat, small body etc.

Now

Brookies????

:D