Dead deer in water.....will City or RVCA remove it??

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Dead deer in water.....will City or RVCA remove it??

Post by biggs »

So about two weeks ago (I haven't been in a while) there was a big smelly bloated dead deer floating in the water pretty close to Mooney's Bay Beach. I sent the RVCA an email but never got a reply. I'm not sure if its still there, I am just wondering if there is anyone to call/email about something like that because isn't that a bit of a hazard??

Wonder where this deer came from since theres no real wilderness around that area.

Anyway, Thanks.
MuskieWannabe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Dead deer in water.....will City or RVCA remove it??

Post by MuskieWannabe »

I would call 311, the City's hotline if you ever find another, I am sure they would clean it up.
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

I am going to check to see if its still there maybe tomorrow and then I'll try 311.

mmmmmm.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Again... use ONLY marine grade plywood when cutting a canoe in half.

Just saying...

Craig
Canmoore
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Canmoore »

I think I know where this is, is this on the opposite shore from Mooney's bay? I go fishing there sometimes for early season walleye, what a shame if this carcass is just left to rot away! I agree call 311!!
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

Canmoore wrote:I think I know where this is, is this on the opposite shore from Mooney's bay? I go fishing there sometimes for early season walleye, what a shame if this carcass is just left to rot away! I agree call 311!!
Yeah, that's it.
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

Its still there, I guess I'll call 311.
So much debris in the area its kind of sad.

But these guys don't mind.....

Troutskiii
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troutskiii »

City won't touch that im almost positive,I work for the city. Try the NCC or RVCA but call directly. The city doesn't pick up deer in waterways, we do roadside pickup and such but I've never heard of anyone retrieving one out of water.
fiiish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fiiish »

Reminds me of the floater scene from the Starsky and Hutch movie. :lol:

cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cgates »

biggs wrote:So about two weeks ago (I haven't been in a while) there was a big smelly bloated dead deer floating in the water pretty close to Mooney's Bay Beach. I sent the RVCA an email but never got a reply. I'm not sure if its still there, I am just wondering if there is anyone to call/email about something like that because isn't that a bit of a hazard??

Wonder where this deer came from since theres no real wilderness around that area.

Anyway, Thanks.
What about calling the MNR
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

biggs wrote:

Did that gator try snorting your crank bait?

E
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

Canmoore wrote:I think I know where this is, is this on the opposite shore from Mooney's bay? I go fishing there sometimes for early season walleye, what a shame if this carcass is just left to rot away! I agree call 311!!
Amazing that you nailed that spot... there's what... a branch and some water in that picture?? You're the reason I'm somewhat hesitant to post anything online! LOL

E
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Troutskiii wrote:City won't touch that im almost positive,I work for the city. Try the NCC or RVCA but call directly. The city doesn't pick up deer in waterways, we do roadside pickup and such but I've never heard of anyone retrieving one out of water.

.... so... fish it out and throw it on the road?

Craig
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

lapointeric wrote:
biggs wrote:

Did that gator try snorting your crank bait?

E
After a few head shakes that's where the tail hooks ended up.
lapointeric wrote:
Amazing that you nailed that spot... there's what... a branch and some water in that picture?? You're the reason I'm somewhat hesitant to post anything online! LOL

E
X2. Funny the one time I post a picture of something other than something for sale!
Walleye'm Fishing
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Casting..................... in your NOT SO SECRET spot.

Post by Walleye'm Fishing »

cprince wrote:

.... so... fish it out and throw it on the road?

Craig
I was thinking the same thing... Put your rod and line to the test... :D

biggs wrote:
lapointeric wrote:

E
X2. Funny the one time I post a picture of something other than something for sale!
Whenever I post a report on here, I'm very careful as to not reveal where I am background wise. However, I won't blurr the background as I've seen before on here... :lol: It's pretty easy to hide where you are by strategically positioning your fish pics and limiting the background in your photos. Some guys who've posted in the past weren't very careful and divulged too much background... Sometimes it was at spots that I've fished before and gave up on... So... I went back to these spots shortly after and wouldn't you know it, FISH ON! Thanks buddy!!! On one occasion, a friend of mine sent me pics of a new trout lake that he found. He thought that it looked promising but unfortunately he got skunked that day. A week later, a Fish-Hawker posted pics of his secret Monster trout lake where he caught several HUGE brookies. Sure enough, it was the SAME lake that my friend had recently fished. Once again, Thanks buddy!!!
Walleye'm fishing, you're sleeping.