Warning....PETA !

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

LMAO!!! Ohhhhh man I'd have loved to have seen that...

What do they think they are doing harrassing people and name calling I can understand...everyone has a right to free speech...even if I don't agree with them

Who said it? "I may not agree with what you say, but I'd die fighting to make sure you could" ok..bad paraphrase *laughs*

BUT...actually TOUCHING someone's stuff...or trying to cut their line?!?!?!? That's assault as far as I'm concerned!!!
fish_head
Participant
Participant

Post by fish_head »

HAHAHA !I am sort of sorry that I did nothing because it would have been very gratifying.....but, like we've seen the past few weeks...people are kinda nuts...mind you, I'm glad I took the smart road for once...but it would have been fun anyway...I do hope however that they return to harass me again tonight, there'll be 4 of us and no women........
scttsmpsn
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by scttsmpsn »

you could always keep an extra rod with a big bucktail on it. You could cast that pretty far at them.

:twisted:

Cheers,

Scott
fish_head
Participant
Participant

Post by fish_head »

:twisted:.......I LIKE THAT IDEA.......:twisted:
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

fish-head -

It's a good point made that you never know how someone might react if you (counter)confronted them. A good example is "road rage". It's hard to bite your tongue and keep your clenched fists at your side. But you were the bigger person for keeping your cool. There will be plenty of other days to fish peacefully, and you avoided a potential dangerous situation as well as perhaps getting yourself in some kind of trouble with the law. But it's sooooooo hard when you'd really like to kick the tar outta some arseholes and have to show retstraint -- or at least give someone a good tongue lashing, which is what gets me into trouble when I don't count to 10 first! :evil:

W.

PS: if they do show their faces again & start the same behavior, you definitely SHOULD call the authorities. They're crossing the line for sure.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.

Post by Guest »

do you remeber awhile ago the bill passed in government
we as Canadians have the right to fish, hunt and in general enjoy the outdoors, (don't know the exact wording)
is is also against the law to harass a person while enjoying there canadian right. If they do come back with intentions other than observation, inform them of your right and the law and then remember, it is still assult if you wack them once or TEN time.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

You're correct Trevor. It is an offense to harrass others. There is a pretty hefty fine that is handed out to people how harass anglers and hunters. This law is in place to protect people. road rage is similar, minus a firearm(in most cases.) Co's take this public offense very seriosly.

If you're ever being harassed, simply call your CO. They will handle it.

Everyone should have their local MNR number programed in their phone. Mainly for reporting poachers, but also for this offense.

I'm sad to hear this occured. Next time call a Co. I love to see extremists get wacked.

DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

HOw do we find out who our CO is, and how to get in touch with them about it?
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Just call your local MNR office. Their number is in the blue pages.

If you're ever in a crunch, call 1-800-222-tips.
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Funny how bad your casting aim can get when you're all shook up. Might I suggest something with 3 trebles for better hook ups. :twisted:

Fish-head, you'd better believe they never would have bothered you had you had your 4 buddies and no ladies.

Sounds like they were "swarming" you, if you are really looking for a good buzz word to get the authorities attention.

At any rate, just a really ugly incident. Way to keep your cool.

M.T. Livewell
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

Isn't it considered "assault" if you don't touch the person (hurling insults), and "battery" if you touch the person? Therefore, you could still be arrested for verbally assaulting someone? Any lawpeople reading this? Just wondering.
fish_head
Participant
Participant

Post by fish_head »

You know what the sad part is.....these people want us (anglers) to side with them and this is the method they choose...I wonder if it's the same guys I had an altercation with a couple months back, walking into a KFC and they were protesting the KFC on Bank street. I refused to stop and read their pamphlets (come on now, it's KFC, who doesn't love KFC?)and one of them hit me with his sign. The police were there that time so it went no further.

Maybe we should form an organization aimed at the erradication of extremists who just get in the way...any followers :twisted:

we could call FHAMWDKWTATA:
"Fish Hawkers Against Morons Who Don't Know What They Are Talkin About"

I'm just really angry that this happened.
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

Fish_head, If they had YOUR tackle box in THERE posetion, Under the Criminal Code it is your colour of right to retrieve your item with as much force as neccessary :lol:

If that were me he would have gotten a knee to his lateral fermoral then chucked into the lake. Hard to swim with a charlie horse :wink:

Half of these Idjiots have know idea what they think they are making a stand for. And if they were squeegies....enough said WANT FREEHOUSING (EVERYONE ELSE WORKS FOR THERES), NO WORKING, SOCIAL NET DRAING mOTHER &#$&$(@^#

BASSSTALKER
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

Slush, I believe assult is anything that makes you feel threatened, worried ect...Say like if i tell you i'm gonna hit you on the head and you believe me, I could be charged with assault.
SkeinMachine
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SkeinMachine »