New Lures

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

New Lures

Post by Joisey Joe »

Goin to a fishing and outdoor show on march 5, looking to pick up a few lures, anyone use Rapala Twitching Rap or Shallow Shad Rap? Gonna get a few Sebiles also, the Slender Eel was killer at Gananoque Lake last year, this time I'm gonna get 2, there is a pike swimming around with the one I got last year! :lol: Any new lures for Pike out there that has had success for anybody? Joe.
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: New Lures

Post by DropShotr »

Joisey Joe wrote: Any new lures for Pike out there that has had success for anybody?
Toothy pricks seem to have an affection for ten dollar hollow body frogs :evil: :x :cry:
Excessive compulsive dropshot fisherman
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

Too funny Drop! The Sebile lure I lost was 15 bucks, ouch!
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

Honestly, I've had success with a Husky Jerk in Tennessee Shad as well as big chartruse spinnerbaits.

I used some big 7in. Bagleys Bang-o-lures in Fire Tiger back in the day on the St. Lawrence. I had several different models of Bang-o-lures for pike....all in Fire Tiger.
Excessive compulsive dropshot fisherman
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

Thanks Drop, just was reading my In-Fisherman and they had suggested Spinnerbaits also, gonna have to get one in chartuse. Sorry bout your Steelers, nice comeback but fell short, gonna have to look at some corners in the off season, eh?
SEOO
Participant
Participant

Post by SEOO »

spinnerbaits are at the top of my list - boyahhs - i like bright green or white w bleeding skirts and red hooks
spoons - i like the classics - red devil

For ice fishing I rig up a tip up with a big shiner so if you want tip ups i suggest the windlass type although a lot of people say they do better jigging