anyone going to the baitcaster ice fishing derby

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

anyone going to the baitcaster ice fishing derby

Post by baz fish »

Anyone going to the Baitcasters ice fishing derby Saturday? If yes you could come and join me all be glad to be with you for the day.

Anyone could give me some information where I could get some pike walleyes and perch on the lake? No secret spot or honey hole just some heads up.
darkelf
Participant
Participant

Post by darkelf »

good day!
i was thinking of going but its a long walk across that lake and i'll be honest....i'm lazy. i'm trying to talk some of the boys with sleds into going and if it works out i'll drop you a line for sure.

i was thinking grasshopper point for some pike and perch?

good luck if i don't see you!!!
clint
Participant
Participant

Post by clint »

my girlfriend and i are gonna be in that derby, i have a shack by johns marina but not getting anything there really..... we'll be all over though, if you see a green jeep wrangler with a soft top or a green 4 wheeler with a broken windshield with a much smaller person on a blue 4 wheeler running around flag us down we'd probably join up with you for a bit.
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Andy_L »

I'll be working at the baitcasters store on highway 15 Saturday all day...if you're going past, drop in and say hi :)
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Derby

Post by Seaweed »

Hi Baz

I will be fishing the derby on Saturday. I will tell you that if you go to the Baitcaster's lake store... not the one on Highway 15 then you can drive right out to a good fishing spot near the cabins that they rent there... Mike does a good job of keeping the ice road clear. I think that you have to go there to register for the derby anyway.... they will have minnows too.

I was on the lake last weekend prefishing and drove right out and there was over two and a half feet of ice... I plan on fishing near there so I will watch for you and say hi.

GOod luck and catch a big one.