Nickels and 12pounder gator I would do that 24/7 @ Paradise!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Nickels and 12pounder gator I would do that 24/7 @ Paradise!

Post by Big Bass 444 »

I guess It was time for me to hit notorious ''Paradise Lake'' and Wow!...what a place!!!....Timy still hot when I got on ice!!...got to love that!....a quick look around...27/7 nowhere to be found???.....strange?...In fact ALONE with Claude it was!!!..Imagine on a lake like this!!!.....15 mins on ice....we get a visit from a local owner wondering what was our business there...sign that the lake is Private and well kept!!..GOOD!

Got lot's of fish there today folks and it was simply a Treat! In love with the place!! I would like to thank my host Claude for this wonderful outing today!!
Hope you love you're new Mela Lens shades dude!....and the cottage owner hope you love your new Flip n pitch rod!

Other than that....perfect day...easy fishing...and BEASTS!!!

Image :wink:
Last edited by Big Bass 444 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GR8-Scott
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GR8-Scott »

sounds like you had a fun time !
What did you tell the local ??
Scott
- A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office.....
- Every day can be a fishing day, but not every day will be a catching day.......
Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Big Bass 444 »

My friend told him we had the permission (privilege would be a better word) to fish this lake from cottage owner on the lake....he was a cool guy and he had lot's of good stories to tell us about this lake since he had been living there for the past 30 years or so as I recall.
GR8-Scott
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GR8-Scott »

That's good - nothing let wanting to get out fishing then have some guy (Mr. A-Hole) try to cause some trouble ... glad it worked out for ya's...
Scott
- A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office.....
- Every day can be a fishing day, but not every day will be a catching day.......
Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Big Bass 444 »

I would do the same if was him!
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

hehe thats the guy im talking about!

if you trespass the lake.

he will hunt you down!

i mean literaly.

hes always drunk. 100 of the time.

around the lake locals call him crazy mike.........because hes....... :mrgreen:

sweet fish yan.

remmember the lake is C&R only »:)
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

nice fish guys :) .
Lonnie
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lonnie »

A catch and release only lake... that's like a dream come true for me.
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

Great fish, BB444! :D
Lonnie wrote:A catch and release only lake... that's like a dream come true for me.
Yep..and a C&R lake with public access would be that much better.
I hate cottage associations.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Eli wrote:Great fish, BB444! :D
Lonnie wrote:A catch and release only lake... that's like a dream come true for me.
Ditto.... but they are protecting their investments... but they don't own the lake... but they often are stuck cleaning up the garbage in the spring... but... but... but....

Sucks for people without access to a desirable lake, but it *helps* the property owners maintain their properties.

Craig
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

Great report ! Those are some nice fish right there !
|Dore|
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

cprince wrote:
Eli wrote:Great fish, BB444! :D
Ditto.... but they are protecting their investments... but they don't own the lake... but they often are stuck cleaning up the garbage in the spring... but... but... but....

Sucks for people without access to a desirable lake, but it *helps* the property owners maintain their properties.

Craig
So what do you mean they don't own the lake? They DON'T have the right to kick people off the lake?

E
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

lapointeric wrote: So what do you mean they don't own the lake? They DON'T have the right to kick people off the lake?

E
No one owns water if it is navigable.

Just the land around it. If there is a road within 5 or 10 feet of the shore line... that is your way in.

No one can kick you off the water. Just get you for trespassing if you go on their land to access the lake.

The only lake that I know of that you are not allowed on is Harrington. That is where the PM has his cottage.

As for C&R only... B.S.

Just because some one says it is, doesn't make it so.

But if the guy who gives you access to the lake tells you that he will not let you access the lake from his land anymore if you kill fish... well... then... for all intents and purposes... that is now a C&R lake!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Craig

***SECOND THOUGHT EDIT***
About the no one owning the water... all of that being said... you best bet, when questioned by a curious land owner... is politeness. Who knows.... a polite and friendly encounter with a curious land owner could result in a new friend.

Always kill with kindness!
Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Big Bass 444 »

I can`t imagine a lake like this open to public + a boat launch above that!...It would be insane!!....Look what Mc Bay as become and both places are not that far apart!...you know what I mean! :roll:

I don`t mind C&R but I would rather see lower limits and mostly size limits for each species on such lakes.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Lakes in that area like Lac Bernard for example, have associations that continually try to preserve and protect the waters their land surrounds. Sucks for us, but it's good for the lake. I think if I was to invest $thousands for property upon an even smaller lake that has a great fishery yet which could be ruined by public fishing practices, pollution and/or invasives at a rapid rate... I would be that guy to go to set-up and recruit each other landowner in an attempt to make access difficult (if not impossible) to the outside threats. Only time I would think that such an association of land owners (or even a single land owner) would have no right to thwart access is, when that lake is stocked through public funding. In that case, a way in should be ensured by the government or stocking agency.

Selfish of land owners... yep.

Sensible of land owners... yep.

In the case of Lake X and it's pike and smallie fishery which is private but with drive to accessibility, the public is actually now aware of its fishing potential, in that small lake no bigger than a commonly fished Ottawa area lake yet existing in the Wakefield area. I have 4-5 guesses already with one simple click on my topo software... Lake is safe from me, but if the landowners up there who are hoping to protect their lake & fishery learn about the ways of many the internet angler, they will learn that nothing is sacred and no news is good news in their regard.

Anyways... just food for thought with the morning coffee.

Great pike Yan... those are hard to come by in this area... and nice smallies too. 24/7 is a kind fella to share a sip from his grail.