God Bless Electronics

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

God Bless Electronics

Post by nips »

So I bought an Ice 45 yesterday and had it assembled when my phone went "beep beep", my buddy says want to go cut a hole in the nation just down the road. I said for sure, I want to test this thing out. This section of river can be farely slow for fish activity but when the sun went down I marked a few fish on the unit and caught 1- 2lber.

I woke up today and was excited to use the flasher again so I called a friend that was off work for a week due to the dentist and we made our way to the raisin river. We were cutting our first holes by 10am. We caught numerous perch, sunfish, and largemouth :cry: , but were searching for crappie. After about 50 8inch holes by hand we finally struck gold. We got into the crappies. Awesome day, the sun was shining and we caught probably around 100 fish in 5 hours between us two. Watching the fish on the flasher is awesome, we would of never found the crappie without them, they were suspended in between 4 and 6 feet of water. I took a few crappie and a few of the bigger perch home for dinner. Smother them in Chronzy Dust and fry :P :P . I have pics but the photo uploader doesn't seem to be working, i will try later. Tight lines

The new unit
Nation Walleye Snack
Raisin Sunfish
Raisin Largemouth
Raisin Crappie
Raisin Perch
The reward
Last edited by nips on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My undersized musky just ATE your trophy bass
i got worms
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by i got worms »

awesome report nips! sounds like you nailed 'em!
I got 99 problems but a fish ain't one...
fiiish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fiiish »

Flashers FTW! Nice work nips. :D
Dirtus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dirtus »

i am on the wire with buying a flasher, the wife will kill me :shock: , cus i purchased a clam for xmas for myself , santa was good this year :D , i have an aqua view and a portable lcd but down here, the guys on quinte swear by the flashers, so i guess im asking in your opinion it helped you catch more fish?

Andy
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

Dirtus wrote:i am on the wire with buying a flasher, the wife will kill me :shock: , cus i purchased a clam for xmas for myself , santa was good this year :D , i have an aqua view and a portable lcd but down here, the guys on quinte swear by the flashers, so i guess im asking in your opinion it helped you catch more fish?

Andy
ten times over, we were fishing in 8-9 fow, but the crappies were in the 4-6 range, would of never seen them without a flasher. I did some research on how to use the unit, its simple and in a few minutes your a pro.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Nice Nips...Any size to the Crappie?

RJ
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

biggest ones were around 12-13 inches, didn't measure but some nice slabs. I still can't post pictures?
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Another flasher addict is born :) . You got a pretty good day Nips and yes now youll be hooked on using a flasher and youll double your catch. Just for example this afternoon when I was fishing in the Nation all the sudden I notice a big red bar on the flasher. I set my line right at the bar and bang fish on and I got my self a nice 6lbs walleye. If I would not have the flasher I would probabbly not catch that walleye.
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

Awsome report dude ! Flashers rule ! Got mine last week and I'll never ice fish without it ! :lol: 8) :lol:

No flasher No ice fishing !
|Dore|
C5
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by C5 »

Hey Andy,

come by on Saturday and you can check out my Vexilar F-22 HD... will trade a demo for your secret spot:)

once you use it you will be up at Bennett's buying one.

Ron
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

I threw a few pics up