Hook n' Look

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BigC
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Hook n' Look

Post by BigC »

Anyone watch this show on WFN? If your like me you probably watch all the shows until you get the hairy eyeball....another fishing show....c'mon!!

If you haven't seen this one yet it's a bass fisherman in a boat who is directly communicating with a scuba diver (his son I think) who has a camera underwater and is watching how the fish relate and react to the bait the guy is throwing. I've caught two episodes so far and think the show is pretty neat. He was throwing a football jig between pier pillars in the last show and you really saw how the first three of four presentations didn't work, not until he barely moved the jig at all did the fish start hammering his offering. Makes me wonder how many times I moved off a spot where there "was no fish" after trying only one or two different tactics.

Anyway with the anticpation of Drop Shot's videos next year I was wondering if anyone is going to take it to that next level...lol. Can't wait by the way DS'r.

Would love to see them do a Musky of Walleye episode but so far only Bass. They need clear water with at least 10 feet of visibility but they do end each episode asking for viewer feed back and locations for thier upcoming shows. St. Lawerence drop shot episode....?????

Anyway I'm in full withdrawl from fishing and posting so consider this part of my therapy if nothing else.

Thanks
BigC
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

St Larry

Post by Big Jim »

They already did one there with Charlie Hartley :D 8) :D and tried another one with another guy but it was a bust... :(

Probably never see them do anything but bass since one of their biggest sponsors is Strike King Lure Company...bass and more bass man, it drives the industry. :D

BIG JIM :D
flips
Participant
Participant

Hook and Look

Post by flips »

I used to watch this show a couple of years ago when I could get American channels.

They did a lot of shows on the St. Lawrence river. It was pretty cool becuase the diver would tell the fisherman where to cast, and then you get to see exactly how the fish reacted to the cast. Sometimes they would look at the lure for awhile before they hammered it.

They also did a show on bedding bass that was pretty informative as well.

flips
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: St Larry

Post by Bass Addict »

Big Jim wrote:.bass and more bass man, it drives the industry. :D

Thats why theres guy's out there that call themselves Bass Addict's :wink:
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: St Larry

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Bass Addict wrote:
Big Jim wrote:.bass and more bass man, it drives the industry. :D
Thats why theres guy's out there that call themselves Bass Addict's :wink:
Isn't that the truth :lol: In fact the Ranger boat you're seeing in the shows is now in the Ottawa area :wink:

The show is unique as there's no other like it which shows what's actually happening under the water. The nice part is we get to see a lot of smallie action. Check it out if you haven't seen it yet even if you fish for other species.