Still on the fence on buying a Flasher?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Thanks to the guys who made the trek out yesterday in that brutal weather..... :x

Glad you took something home from the chance to play with these units......like I said on the ice....I don't sell em.....they sell themselves!

Dan, Seems like you have a good one there dude....somehow remember her B-day next year!

I'll bump this back up nearer to the next one on the Lower Rideau...

RJ
Dan Smyth
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dan Smyth »

I am thinking maybe a tattoo of the date on the back of my hand.
Picked up the new machine Sunday morning and had a hoot playing with it on Crappie Bay in the afternoon. Still can't get over how easy they are to understand and just how much fun they are.
Hardwaterobsession
Participant
Participant

Post by Hardwaterobsession »

hey rj i wouldnt even go out without my vex their awsome you can really tell what the fish want buy usin a vex :P
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Dan Smyth wrote: Picked up the new machine Sunday morning and had a hoot playing with it on .
Speaking of SUNDAY,,,,,,,,,,,,how bout bringing it SUNDAY for the first annual Hardcore Redneck outing :idea:

It will save from one guy having to jig off the bottom another guy jigging two feet off the next six feet off etc etc
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Bass Addict wrote:
Dan Smyth wrote: Picked up the new machine Sunday morning and had a hoot playing with it on .
Speaking of SUNDAY,,,,,,,,,,,,how bout bringing it SUNDAY for the first annual Hardcore Redneck outing :idea:

It will save from one guy having to jig off the bottom another guy jigging two feet off the next six feet off etc etc
It will also convince Bass Addict that they are useful.

No fence here... just plain awesome.

The only thing left to do now is to justify the $500!! That is a tractor payment!

Craig
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Just a reminder about this Saturday on Lower Rideau. Vexilar units will be set up for you to play with from 10-1....I've heard from more than a few guys that are coming out to play.....feel free to show up and just fish with the fellas if that suits ya!

Access is from Beveridges Lock off the Port Elmsley Rd. Look for the Red/White/Black shack....ya can't miss it I'm set up just off the main plowed road.

See ya's then!

RJ
DalhousieLakeTom
Participant
Participant

Post by DalhousieLakeTom »

See you there RJ.

Can I just borrow a Vex for the rest of winter to try? I'll trade you a broken down Jiffy auger?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-- --------------------------------------------------------
currently hunting or fishing, thinking about hunting or fishing, dreaming about hunting or fishing or dead...
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

The weather looks great for tomorrow!

For easiest access to Lower Rideau head to Beveridges Lock. You'll see the community of shacks straight out.

Ya can't miss ours. Red/White/Black

RJ
Spezza_Fan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Spezza_Fan »

RJ wrote:Red/White/Black

RJ
GO SENS GO!!!
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Crap crap crap. I had full intentions of heading out tomorrow but I've got some guys coming in to the store tomorrow morning for 9. Oh well, business first I guess. I'll have to hit RJ up for some private demonstrations some time after we get back from our holidays (leaving next Thursday) If my Montreal crew are not too long at the store, I may still make it.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
DalhousieLakeTom
Participant
Participant

Post by DalhousieLakeTom »

Rob, thanks a lot for the demo with the Vexilar today.

My son won't stop talking about the fish that chased his jig all morning!

Rob brought over an FL-20 to our clam fish trap and we played with it until after noon. All I can say is WOW! They work exactly like they say they do and are so accurate that even the tiniest little panfish jigs still showed up in 15 feet of water. We caught perch, bluegills and a couple bass with the Vex on the job.

Here's a pic of the FL-20 in action:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist. I actually use one of these bad boys still with a homemade transducer off an Eagle Fish ID. It should be in a museum I think.

Seriously thanks again for the demo, I will be buying one in time for next years ice fishing season. The kids say thanks too for the hot dogs at lunch. Great morning on the Rideau and nice meeting you RJ!

Tom
-- --------------------------------------------------------
currently hunting or fishing, thinking about hunting or fishing, dreaming about hunting or fishing or dead...
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

A big thanks to RJ and Birdee for putting on the Vex demo today.

Was out there for a couple hours with my girls, we did a bit of fishing, had a couple hot dogs (thanks Birdee), and chatted with a bunch of people.

RJ and Birdee were kind enough to let us fish in the Sens Hut as we tried out the FL20 and 22 Vexs. A big thank you, my girls think we should build a "ice playhouse" for next year.

I've been using an FL8 for about 5 plus years and love it, but the zoom feature and the flat screen on the FL20 and FL22 definitely added that much more. Looks like time to upgrade to an FL20 or 22 next year. Even my 8 year old daughter thinks we need a new fancier "fish flasher".

Had a nice visit with the big guy...

Again a big thanks RJ and Birdee for the Vex demos and hospitality.

JimW
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

Good times for sure showed up late but RJ crew still made time to give me a quick run down on my new FL8. Flasher worked awesome! We hung out until 9pm with a bunch of Bgills and some perch and one crappie all returning home safely!
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by plowjock »

Thanks go to RJ and Birdee for a great day.
Enjoyed the use of the Sens retirement home for ice fishing.
Good sized gang out, weatherman cooperated.
Sure had fun catching some perch and watching the little guys attack my offering.
Thanks also to the Big Fella, who always makes the rounds and visits with all the younger fisher kids.
Come on Soft water.....60 more days ???
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

I made it out real late, but RJ , Birdee and Big Jim made the ultimate sacrifice and kept fishing until I got there. Real easy to see how the Vex can dramatically increase your catch.

Thanks all for putting on the demo.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken