More ice fishing inventions

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Maple
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

More ice fishing inventions

Post by Maple »

Given that Kevin has applied some ingenuity to ice fishing tip-downs, I thought I'd share some of my ideas. Nothing other than what anybodies imagination could muster, but they work for me. Try 'em out. They use the ice anchours available to screw into the ice to keep your hut in place.

This one is a piece of 1 1/4 inch ABS pipe with a diagonal slot cut in it. The optimal rod holder, just screw an ice anchor into the ice and viola, the solid rod holder. The ABS fits snug. Easy as pie to slide the rod in or out. Won't give way no matter how hard the strike. Cheap too. I use one at each hole in case I want to put my rod down.

Then we have the second-hole jigger. If you want to jig in a second hole, say, 20 feet away from your mainhole, just screw this anchor into the ice overhanging the hole. Attach the ABS P-trap with slot in bottom of it. Let your line sit in the P-trap cradle with the line going down the hole. Now, from a distance, you can jig in two holes at once. One rod in each hand. This technique netted me a big walleye on the BOQ recently.

Who else has tricks of the trade. Promise I won't tell anyone.

Maple
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

I like the first idea the 2nd trick still has me puzzled. Love to see it in action!
Maple
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Maple »

Hey Riverdog,
Here's another pic for clarification. You screw the anchour into the ice beside your second hole, and slip on the ABS pipe piece. Then lay your fishing line on the pipe with your line going down the hole in the ice, as shown here by the rope. Then move back to your first hole with your rod, where you are going to stay. You can then jig that line in your second hole from a distance of say 20 feet, detect a bite, set the hook and move to that hole to land the fish. Then repeat.

Image,

Maple
Last edited by Maple on Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raydar
Participant
Participant

Post by Raydar »

Same here. I don't get the second picture?? Good ideas buddy.

Raydar 8)
Keep your line in the water and there will always be a smile on your face.
steve2112
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by steve2112 »

Hi Guys

I use buckets and put the handle over the rod to lock it down.

Steve