ice fishing help needed

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

ice fishing help needed

Post by Trophymuskie »

I have an offer to anyone willing to come here with the right equipment ( mine is 20 years old ) needed to come teach my kid how to properly ice fish. As well the use of Vexlar or fishfinder to help find weedline and a certain hole a must as is a power auger as we have but a bent up old hand auger. I'm willing to trade for a day of muskie fishing in season.

He did get a sled with a starter kit in a bucket from HT for xmas plus my old stuff but before we invest in expensive equipment we need to make sure he will like it enough to make it worth that investment. So far a few outings have proved fruitless, maybe if he can actually catch something he may fish for more then an hour or two. LOL

I would like to do this in the next 2 weekends as the season is short.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

Hi Richard;
Did you see the post that SpezzaFan presented?

http://www.fish-hawk.net/hawktalk/viewt ... 615#348547

Daner :arrow:
A Fish a Day, will keep the Blues away!
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

I'm up for it but I don't use a Vexilar.

I've always got a soft spot for kids being involved in the sport of fishing.

Load your son and gear and head west.....make a day of it.
If Winnipeg gets a hockey team, Toronto will want one too.....
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

Thanks for the offers I've already got. I want help here in my backyard so we can find the weedline and a hole I know exist. The closer he fishes from home the more he can do it independly.

Man even 20 years later I know we can just go to Constance lake and catch a lot of fish. But I'm looking at a long term habit for him.

There's also so many new lures out there other then just soaking a minnow. He had a blast here all summer fishing our 320 feet of shoreline catching all kinds of fish. Now with the ice out there he's got thousands of acres to fish and still be in our sights.

if you want to know just how far we actually lokk this up in google earth and you should be right on my house. +45° 37' 44.87", -74° 46' 18.37"
Last edited by Trophymuskie on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Ice Fishing

Post by Seaweed »

Hi Richard,

I am willing to come on over and do some fishing in your area... it has been a place that I have wanted to try for many years.

I know that there is a lot of current in that area .... what are the ice conditions like?

I have a gas auger... a flip up tent that I pull behind an Arctic cat sled and a Marcum flasher I have a ton of gear and know what to use where and I am willing to share this with your little guy any time... and also the saftety issues around ice... bonus this year Santa brought me a new color camera this year.... coming for this weekend from Cabelas I hope.

I will PM you my phone number and perhaps I could even get out tomorrow... I was heading out anyways.