MUSKRAT LAKE 2011 TROUT G2G

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Daner wrote:Peter wrote; "I updated the main post again to add waterview as the base camp. It is a spot known and gives you a good point to start from".

Hi Peter;
Can you post a link to your main page?
Thanks, Daner
[/quote]

Yup..here ya go Daner

http://www.fish-hawk.net/hawktalk/viewtopic.php?t=41628
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

i am in for the g2g,Peter
Hollywood
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Hollywood »

almontefisher wrote:
Hollywood wrote:My Dad is in too. So, with Bostonwhaler, that means 3 McLaughlin lads on the ice. You guys don't stand a chance. :P
Here we go...get the gloves on folks...Hollywood has issued a challenge. So you are in for the $5 then Hollywood??? :lol:
Yep, like I said provided I am not working. It would be the same for bostonwhaler and my dad. He's not on fish-hawk but let's call him "cannonator" hahaha. He is retired and spends most of his time these days fishing, making ornate jewlery boxes from scratch or miniature cannons that really work - even makes his own black powder and shot!
Fishing is a heritage we need to teach. Take a kid fishing! And take me too while you're at it.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

[quote="fishin mission"]i am in for the g2g,Peter[/quote]

x2
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Can someone help me post a map of Waterview road to the lake. Everytime I go to copy the map it populates the map of North America and that will make it tough for people to follow :oops:

ORWL
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

AF,

If my schedule permits I'll be there for sure. I'll likely be able to drum up some cool shtuff for giveaways..... :wink:

RJ
Seabass81
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Seabass81 »

Lets see if this works

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s ... ><small><a href="http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=e ... z=13">View Larger Map</a></small>
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Just some other thoughts here....Does anyone have a pop up tent thingy that we can use to put the BBQ under and a table etc?? Also is there anyway we can get 15-20 doz minnows for a good price and resell them on the ice to the members?? What about a coffee caraff or hot chocolate.

As I said I can supply a few dozen hotdogs and a canister of coffee but will need a perker or something and a bottle of water. Not sure how this will work without power ( generator maybe )??

I also do not want to be doing all this on my own and would hope some of you will help out just cause you are a great crew. Not looking for anything other than the odd stop by to see if everything is good.

Biggest fish I am going to go with length and not weight..We all know Mike P likes to stuff his fish with weights!! :lol: Just kidding Mike but I like length anyway less likely someone can stretch a fish out to make it longer! Can we get a few little things together from sponsors for some smallest fish prize etc?? Again not looking for gas augers or anything just some lures or gloves etc.

As I think of things or others do post it here.

ORWL
Hollywood
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Hollywood »

I am not 100% sure on this, but I think the only place you will get minnows near Muskrat is at Mike's Bait and Tackle on Old 17 near the Quebec turn-off. I would offer to bring my generator, but it only has a 12v and a 220v outlet at 1500w. Still trying to find a use for it other than charging car batteries haha.
Fishing is a heritage we need to teach. Take a kid fishing! And take me too while you're at it.
Raydar
Participant
Participant

Post by Raydar »

as of right now I'm in. I'll see if my father in-law wants to come out, he lives in Renfrew. I'm going to send you a pm Almontefisher. $5 is fine with me.

Raydar 8)
Keep your line in the water and there will always be a smile on your face.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Hollywood wrote:I am not 100% sure on this, but I think the only place you will get minnows near Muskrat is at Mike's Bait and Tackle on Old 17 near the Quebec turn-off. I would offer to bring my generator, but it only has a 12v and a 220v outlet at 1500w. Still trying to find a use for it other than charging car batteries haha.
I was hoping to pick up a bunch the night before from Gord or Crystal and bring them with me to the event. We will likely have some die off but dead minnows work as well.

ORWL
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

almontefisher wrote:
Hollywood wrote:I am not 100% sure on this, but I think the only place you will get minnows near Muskrat is at Mike's Bait and Tackle on Old 17 near the Quebec turn-off. I would offer to bring my generator, but it only has a 12v and a 220v outlet at 1500w. Still trying to find a use for it other than charging car batteries haha.
I was hoping to pick up a bunch the night before from Gord or Crystal and bring them with me to the event. We will likely have some die off but dead minnows work as well.
That is a HUGE unneeded hassle on your part Peter. If everyone knows they need minnows theyll take care of that themselves......in the end doing that will be money out of your pocket for no reason........

RJ
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

RJ wrote:
almontefisher wrote:
That is a HUGE unneeded hassle on your part Peter. If everyone knows they need minnows theyll take care of that themselves......in the end doing that will be money out of your pocket for no reason........

RJ
Good point 8) Get ur own damn minnows!!!!!

ORWL
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Well ya don't hafta be like that... :lol:
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

Just some other thoughts here....Does anyone have a pop up tent thingy that we can use to put the BBQ under and a table etc?? Also is there anyway we can get 15-20 doz minnows for a good price and resell them on the ice to the members?? What about a coffee caraff or hot chocolate.

As I said I can supply a few dozen hotdogs and a canister of coffee but will need a perker or something and a bottle of water. Not sure how this will work without power ( generator maybe )??

I also do not want to be doing all this on my own and would hope some of you will help out just cause you are a great crew. Not looking for anything other than the odd stop by to see if everything is good.

Biggest fish I am going to go with length and not weight..We all know Mike P likes to stuff his fish with weights!! Laughing Just kidding Mike but I like length anyway less likely someone can stretch a fish out to make it longer! Can we get a few little things together from sponsors for some smallest fish prize etc?? Again not looking for gas augers or anything just some lures or gloves etc.

As I think of things or others do post it here.
Hey Peter;
I have a generator, small outdoor tables, stove etc... all readily avail!
I don't mind helping out either.
Best to email/PM me and we can figure this out together.
As far as the road goes, send me the Google link and I will take it from there.
Daner
A Fish a Day, will keep the Blues away!