how do u set up your underwater camera?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

how do u set up your underwater camera?

Post by Chevy Champagne »

well i have had my underwater camera for a while now but have not been able to figure out how to set it up well so you can watch your jig well fishing and i have watched a tone of awesome vids of people doing this but i cant figure out how to set it all up

anyone want to help me out here?
thanks alot
chevy
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

First off.....if there's any current, even the slightest bit, where you're fishing......your gonna have a devil of a time. Where we use ours(Constance Lake) there is no current. We lower it to the desired depth and secure the cable in the Ice Pod. This is like a camera tripod that sits over the hole. It keeps the cam from spinning around. We also have a shroud around the moniter so we can see it. If it's bright out.....you'll have a hard time viewing without one.....unless you have one of the new LCD units..... hope this helps dude..... :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

I tape mine to the telescoping extension pole. No spin and you can positively control where the camera points. I tape it about 18-24" above the end of the pole and drill a hole outside the shack about 6-8' away from the jigs and run the cable inside. No close-ups but it seems to be the best overall set up.

In truth I pretty much quit using it except to have a look around the bottom structure when I first drill a hole.
There are few problems in life which can not be solved with a well-placed, high-explosive projectile.
Dirtus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dirtus »

i use mine mostly for looking at the structure, but today on hay bay the wife looked thru it all day and it really got her more hook ups... the perch were on fire...on eyes thou.......we got 25 nice perch. i find a lot of lakes are too cloudy to see very far, and like gord said the current is a real pain. Good luck

Andy
flips
Participant
Participant

Post by flips »

If you want to see your bait, then you should drill a hole beside the hole you are fishing and set your camera up in that hole. Depending on the water clairity, you should try and keep it as far away from your bait as possible, so when you do get a fish it doesn't tangle up with your camera.

Good luck
flips