quinte ice fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
hawg hunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

quinte ice fishing

Post by hawg hunter »

hello all fellow Hawkers and Hawketes ,look i was wondering if any of you folks are planning a trip to the famous Bay of Quinte this season for an ice fish.

if some of your are lets hook up for a day and catch some eyes,i like to meet some more of you folks and maybe someone can bring me a HAT lol
(ill pay for it of course)
lets make it a meet n greet in mid feb or something or what ever day is good....

so who wants ta come??????????

Hawg Hunter
Last edited by hawg hunter on Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

I'm interested. I've yet to ice fish, maybe I should start smaller..... Calabogie?

E
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

lapointeric wrote:..... Calabogie?

E
Need a Kleenex?

:wink:

I think I would like to see some of these Golden Pigs get squeezed out of an 8inch hole in the Quinte ice!

I think you can count me in!

Craig
Maple
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Maple »

I'M IN !!!

I know Randy to be a wealth of knowledge when it comes to fishing BOQ. He's been guiding there for years. If'n he's going to entice Fish-Hawkers to spend a day on the ice, I'll be looking forward to it. Should be enough ice by then to hold a bunch of people... whom I will not be fishing beside.

Maple

PS. What kinda hat?
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

I'm in for sure. I'm heading down on January 4th for sure, if not sooner. Most likely Jan 7 and/or 8th as well.

Plus a few more times. I'm hooked on Quinte gold :D

JimW
tylercurt
Participant
Participant

Post by tylercurt »

Went 3 for 7 tonight, largest 6 lbs, lost bigger ones at the hole... Only a few places so far good to fish (5-6in) so be carefull if you come down soon. Young crown further away pulled in a hawg , near 12 lb the were saying.
highlander
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by highlander »

Wow -- great offer!

Let's chat in the new year. I'm also mystified by the mighty Quinte. I'll carpool with someone down and we can make a meetup of it :)
hawg hunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by hawg hunter »

glad ta see some interest in this outing,i know its a drive for some but maybe some could car pool,no worries on getting out there im sure we can do that.

REMEMBER-helmets are law here on Quinte and so are tow bars on your huts(rope will not do)

as we speak there is 4-5" of ice in the none current areas,so if your coming in the next week of 3 lol BE VERY CAREFULL

any help i can be to some one just pm me...ill tell ya

taker easy and stay safe and enjoy what our winter fishery has to offer

Hawg Hunter