Muskies From Shore

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Draven
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Muskies From Shore

Post by Draven »

Do any of you do Muskie fishing from shore???? If so what do you use and any spots in the Manotick, Osgoode area
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Shore Muskie

Post by Seaweed »

I like using Swim-Whizz from shore for lunge. They are great and don't get hung up as much as some of the other jerk baits. Try below Blacks Rapids by the outflow and also below the Long Island lock. Try above the locks in both of these locations also. I swear sometimes the muskie use the locks free of charge. :lol:
Buzzer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Muskie's from shore

Post by Buzzer »

I've hooked into quite a few, (didn't land), and seen them many times in Arnprior right in town. The boat launch near the bridge and behind the hotel by the dam, (across from the boat launch).

They're not very pretty there, lots of scars, but they have hit my lures/bait many times when I've been fishing for other species.

Good Luck, Buzzer

Post by Guest »

try using large spinnerbaits from shore... have caught a few
Rideau_Lungehunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rideau_Lungehunter »

A good shore location in your area is the launch a Kars. You can fish from the big dock and cast out to the old bridge supports. Try using a Bulldawg to give the something different to look at. Live bait works well ... just ask any of the kids that leave the pearch on too long :lol: