Two Trips To The Lower Niagara

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

cprince wrote:Geeze Phil.... that river looks awesome. I visited, but never fished it. I would guess that it is ice free all year round... right? What else is in that river?

Craig
Thanks Craig, as for ice it's clear most of the winter, some times if a big sheet of ice breaks off from Erie, it will plug up the river at the mouth you have to dodge the odd iceburg :lol: As for fish it has Walleye, we watched a big double digit being landed a few weeks ago, there are Muskie, Rainbows,Lakers, Browns and the odd Salmon,I sure there are Bass also. Lots off shore fishing from the U.S. side and a few good places on the Canadian side. I have to admit of all the places that I fish, the Niagara is one of my favorites. I'll be heading up again in Jan. with a couple of buddys hopefuly we will get into a few Lakes and some Rainbows. A few years back RJ,MuskieMagnet flew down and Joined Markus in his Stripper for a Laker hunt, i think they landed about 65 ,I can't remember if that was over one day or two.
weedliner wrote:Nice fish guys. I fish the river often. Just wounding what you guys do with these fish your catching
Hi Weedlander(love the name :lol: ) we were using Brown trout eggs in row bags, in assorted colors
Bass Addict wrote:Whoa.....

Quite the report Phil , Kind of makes RJ's look like one of ours.. :wink: 8)

Congrats to All involved
Thanks Paul.... I wish :lol: :lol:
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

big-o wrote:...As for fish it has Walleye, we watched a big double digit being landed a few weeks ago...
Now that you mention it... I think I read that the Canadian (Or at least Ontario) Walley record came out of The Niagara...?

Craig